Grimm Territory

Our next step was heading to Argus so we'd at least be one step closer to Atlas. I was sitting in one of the chairs of the train station with Ash sitting in my lap.

He was swinging his legs as we waited for Ruby to return from the gift shop. "What'd you get me?" Yang asked excitedly once our sister had returned.

"You'll have to wait and see~." Ruby teased while sticking her tongue out. "No fair!" Yang whined. "Oh, I can't believe we're taking the train to Argus!" Nora said, excitedly. "Beautiful, northern coastline! You think it's too early for beach season?"

"Unfortunately," Ren replied. "But we will be one step closer to Atlas."

"Well, I'm glad you're all excited," Weiss said, sarcastically. "But I don't think you appreciate the trouble I went through to leave Atlas."

"I know you're worried, Weiss, but trust us. Team RWBY won't leave your side for a second! I promise." Ruby said, smiling.

"No one's gotta be worried with us around." said a couple of Huntsmen approached us, looking smug. "Who're you?" I asked.

"Why, Dee and Dudley, of course. The Argus limited very own Huntsmen," One of them introduced. "We'll be keeping everyone safe as we pass through Grimm territory."

"But for a generous tip, we can make sure your passenger car gets extra special attention... should things get dangerous." Dudley mentioned with a wink.

Ruby, Nora, Weiss, and Yang shared the same unamused looks while Ash stuck his tongue out at the Dee and Dudley.

"Hey, I got a tip for ya. Buzz off," Uncle Qrow said as he walked this way. "Looks like Mistral's really scraping the bottom of the barrel these days."

"Hey, you're talking to a-"

"A professional Huntsman. Right," Qrow interrupted Dee while showing his Huntsman license. "Well, it seems like one of you "heroes" left the staff entrance to the caboose wide open. Be a shame to lose your job before it even started."

"I... I didn't do it!" Dudley said. "Come on, dummy." Dee said, and they walked away.

"You know, sometimes the burden of saving the world feels overwhelming," Oscar mentioned. "But then, people like that come along and make me grateful that it's our job, and not theirs."

"Mm-hm/Yeah." We all agreed. "So, you kids ready to go? Bike all loaded up?" Qrow asked. "Yep!" Yang replied. "Just waiting on Blake." I said. "As usual." Weiss added.

*****

Once we boarded the train, I had my own room with Ash. I sat on my bed while reading the Grimm book in my lap. Meanwhile, Ash looked excitingly out the window as he watched the snow fall.

I looked up from my book when I felt the train shake. "What was that?" Ash asked. "Trouble," I confirmed. "Ash, wait here."

Tucking my book away, I went to the top of the train to see my sisters, Weiss, Blake, and Qrow fighting off Grimm.

"Lily, get that idiot to shut off the turrets!" Qrow ordered. "R-Right!" I obliged, and ran towards Dudley. "Stop! You've got to shut off the turrets!" I said.

"Are you crazy?! No way!" Dudley denied before proceeding to shoot at the Grimm in the sky. "Yes! Another one down!"

I grabbed his arm in attempt to make him drop his weapon. "Stop it! You're just drawing more Grimm! You have to lure them to the back!" I instructed.

"What does it matter if they're dead!" Dudley said, shoving me away. I fell into Oscar's chest and noticed the Grimm retreating. "What?" I mumbled in confusion.

"Where are they going?" Dudley wondered. Oscar looked ahead of us and screamed, "TUNNEL!!!"

He grabbed my hand and we retreated back inside the train as everyone did the same. Once we were inside, I went over to the window and saw the Grimm right on our trail.

Why were they coming after us? Because we're in their territory? Was it because of Ash? Is he the reason they're attacking?

"I'm afraid there is one complication. The Grimm are also attracted to this." Ozpin explained while motioning to the relic he had hooked to his pants.

"Oz, are you serious?" Qrow asked. "Why wouldn't you tell us that?!" Yang asked, angrily.

"I..."

"It doesn't matter right now," Ruby said, interrupting Ozpin. "Every second we're on board this train, we're putting everyone else in danger. Get the passengers to the front cars. You'll still mask the emotions and kill the turrets. We just can't come with you. If we cut the back cars with us and the relic on them, we can deal with the Grimm. You just make sure the rest of the train makes it safely to Argus."

"Only if you promise you'll meet us there." Jaune said. "Promise." Ruby assured. Once Blake detached the train, I whistled for one of the Manticores and it flew towards me.

I leaped into the air, then caught myself on its back with Ash sitting in front of me. "It's showtime!" I cheered.

Using my powers, I commanded the other Grimm to retreat while Ash cheered, "Whee!"

Most of the Grimm had done as I command. All except for the Sphinx. "Looks like we'll have to take it down the old fashion way." I mumbled.

I made the Manticore fly towards the Sphinx, and it started to shoot fireballs at the Grimm from its mouth. "Boom, boom, boom!" Ash cheered.

When Blake and Yang grounded it, Weiss broke off its wings with ice, and Qrow and Ruby delivered the final blow by slicing its body in half.

But the Sphinx shot one final fireball towards the train tracks before turning into black smoke. The train went off the tracks and crashed into the snow.

"Ruby! Yang!" I called, and the Manticore flew towards the crash. Once we were near the ground, I hopped off its back and ran over to everyone with Ash.

"Are you guys alright" I asked. "Yeah... We're fine." Yang assured.

"Still alive!" A voice called from the train cars. A small, old woman stepped out, smiling at us. "That was a close one, huh?" She said.