Corrupted

Winter's POV

We all stared at the enormous remains of the Grimm as black particles floated everywhere. We landed the ship on the ground to investigate the scene.

We haven't even dropped the payload yet. How could it have...? "Winter, come in! What happened?!" Ironwood radioed in.

"General... Sir, I-I don't know! The whale suddenly exploded!" I tried my best to explain. Was this Lily's doing? But I don't see her amongst the remains. "Grimm! Incoming!" Elm alerted.

I looked ahead to see a herd of Grimm running towards us. "Formation! Now!" I ordered. "They're behind us!" Vine warned. Before we could react, Centinels emerged from the ground.

Using my weapon, I cut away one of them before leaping back. Grimm were coming at us from all directions.

"They've got us surrounded! There's too many of them!" Harriet shouted. "Where did they come from?!" Marrow asked while shooting at the Grimm.

Jaune, Ren, Yang, and Oscar had freed themselves from their restraints and were already making a run for it.

There's no way we can go after them with this much Grimm in the way. "Everyone, fall back!" I commanded. We boarded the airship and escaped with a couple of Teryx Grimm tailing us.

Ash's POV

I watched through a Seer as Winter and rest of the Ace Ops retreat from the Grimm attack while Yang and the others ran ahead.

"That worked out better than I expected," I mumbled. The image faded and I walked back over to Lily as she was lying face up on a bed, still unconscious. 

After the explosion, I took Lily and took refuge in a cabin I found. "Lily..." I placed my hand over her head, in which she whimpered. 

"Hold on, Lily," I looked out the window as the snow started to fall heavily. "Looks like we'll have to stay here a little while longer." I mumbled. 

I took a chair and sat across from Lily to monitor her condition. About an hour later, I fell asleep until I heard the door being opened. 

"Lily?" Her bed was empty. I quickly headed outside and saw footprints in the snow. I have a bad feeling about this." I mumbled to myself. 

I followed the footprints until I saw her come into view. She was fighting a pack of Sabyrs, her eyes glowing red. 

After killing the last Sabyr, she growled in frustration. "Lily?" I called to her. She looked at me and lunged at me without hesitation. 

Lily forced me onto my back and snapped her teeth at me, trying to bite me as I gripped her wrists in my hands. 

"L-Lily! It's me!" I called. Once she recognized me, she retreated and growled. "It's too much..." Lily grunted.

I started to approach her. "Don't!" She shouted. "Please... Can't... control it... Too strong... There's so much anger...!" 

Lily grunted in pain while gripping her chest, falling to her knees. I quickly ran to her side and held her in my arms. 

"Ash... What's happening to me?" She whimpered. I knew the answer to her question, but I wasn't sure how to tell her. "I have to get you to your sisters," I told her. 

I flagged down a Teryx and mounted it with Lily sitting in front of me. "Lily, do you remember where the Schnee Manor is?" 

She nodded her head and gave the directions to the Schnee Manor. The Teryx screeched as it made its landing near the front door.