Dinner with Friends

We all sat at the table as we talked about our adventures and what we've been up to while we were away from each other.

"You did not!" Ruby said. "Yeah, right in the middle of the party." Weiss admitted with her hands in her face, embarrassed. "Please tell me you let that lady have it." Yang said.

"Of course not!" Weiss denied. "Even if I did really want to."

"No way, I don't believe it." Nora refused. Weiss used her semblance and summoned a white Boarbatusk as proof. 

It let out a small growl in Nora's direction, in which she screamed and fell over, making everyone laugh. and it gave a small growl towards Nora.

After we finished eating, Yang showed off her robotic arm and we stared at it with awe. "It's no replacement for the real thing, but I'll make sure to make good use of it." Yang informed. 

"That's amazing." Jaune commented. "Incredible." Ren said. Ruby and I inhaled excitedly before we were quickly by Yang's side, admiring the arm. 

"And it's just as strong?" We asked at the same time. "Hm, sure is." Yang assured. The three of us looked over at Nora as she suddenly propped her elbow on the table. 

"Wanna bet?!" She challenged. "Nora, please. Now's not the time." Weiss said. But it was too late as Yang and Nora were already beginning their arm wrestling contest.

"You got this, Yang!" I called. "Come on, sis! Aw, you can't lose to a girl in a skirt!" Ruby cheered. "You wear a skirt, Ruby." Weiss stated. "Weiss, you're not cheering loud enough!" Ruby yelled.

"It definitely feels like a original, I'll give you that much!" Nora said to Yang while smirking. "Yep. But it does have some new features." Yang mentioned while smirking back.

"Heh. Oh, yeah?" Nora said. That's when Yang's prosthetic arm suddenly ejected, causing Nora to fly back and hit her back against the wall, groaning in pain.

"Did she... win?" Jaune asked. When Nora sat up and noticed Yang's prosthetic arm in her hand, she screamed in terror and tossed it away, in which Yang caught it with a laugh. 

*****

"Gyah... We ate it all..." Jaune said as he had ahold of all the pots and dishes. "Ugh, I think I'm gonna be sick." He said.

"Easy there, Vomit Boy. I believe in you." Yang told him, in which I giggled. "Oh, we're doing nickname throwbacks now. Wonderful." Jaune said before leaving to the kitchen.

Weiss giggled at his comment. "I mean, the Ice Queen seems to like it." Nora teased, making Ruby laugh out loud. "I so did not miss you people." Weiss replied with a soft smile.

"Oh my gosh! She really does like it!" Nora gasped. "What went and warmed your heart while you were gone?"

"Hey! You make it sound like I used to be terrible!" Weiss stated. "Nah. Just a lot to deal with at once." Yang stated back.

"Hmph!" Weiss frowned.

"Hmph!" Yang stuck her tongue out.

"It's been a long time," Ren mentioned. "We've all grown in our own ways."

"You really think so?" Ruby asked. "Well, think back to when we were all at Beacon. Would you say you ever did anything foolish or embarrassing? Or do you think you were perfect?" Ren asked.

"Oh gosh." Weiss realized as she put her face in her hands again. "I may have been a little too gung-ho from time to time." Yang admitted.

"Heh, you? I tried to 1v1 a Nevermore on the second day of school." Ruby mentioned. "A Nevermore? Are you serious?" I asked, and she nodded her head. 

"Yeah, well... don't even get me started." Jaune said, leaning against the entrance to the living room. 

"Well, that embarrassment, that desire to go back and tell yourself not to be so stupid... that just proves you're not the same person you used to be," Ren stated. "You're smarter, or kinder, or stronger, and you're not done growing yet. None of us are."

There was a small moment of silence until Ruby spoke up. "Yeah, turns out Ren gets real deep when he feels like talking." She stated, making everyone chuckle. 

"Well, hold on! I thought I was pretty great at school!" Nora objected while standing to her feet. 

"Even at the dance?" Yang mentioned. "When you spilled punch all over yourself in front of-"

"YES, especially the dance! THANK YOU, YANG!" Nora interrupted, loudly.

Ruby, Weiss, and I laughed. "How can seven kids possibly make so much noise eating dinner?" Qrow complained.

To be continued...