Escaping the Authorities

"Was Wuby serious?" Ash asked. "It definitely didn't sound like a joke. Come on, we gotta find the others!" I said. I took Ash's hand and opened the door. 

I ran out too quickly and bumped into a girl in an Atlas soldier uniform. I fell to my side as she did the same. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!" I apologized. "Huh?"

Just as I looked at her, she turned into Neapolitan. "Neo?" I said in confusion. I gasped when I saw the Relic of Knowledge next to her. 

How does she have that?! Without thinking, I made a wild grab for the relic and jumped back. "How did you get this?" I asked. 

She got up and frowned at me while aiming the end of her parasol at me. "Mommy, how do you know this woman?" Ash asked. 

I hooked the relic to my belt and frowned back at Neo. Neo acted first and dashed towards me. "Ash, stay back!" I ordered while dashing towards Neo. 

Our weapons collided and we began to battle. Neo mostly dodged or blocked all of my attacks as we fought. 

I had to keep switching between forms of my weapon from blade, to shield, to assault gun, and back to blade because of how nimble Neo was. 

Finally, Neo managed to slip past me and knock me to the ground. I noticed how her attention was only on stealing the relic from me. 

But why? Does she know about Jinn? And if so, how does she know? So many questions, and not enough answers. 

"Mommy!" Ash called. I leaped back when Neo aimed to thrust her hidden blade at my chest. I have to get Ruby. Nothing else matters but getting to Ruby. 

I shot at Neo, forcing her to flip over me. I ran down the hallway while scooping up Ash in my arms. I managed to escape the academy and found myself on the landing strip. 

"What now?" I mumbled. "Lily Rose! Stop!" I turned around as guards stood there with their guns aimed at me. "Don't move!" The guard ordered. 

I took Ash behind me and turned my weapon into my assault gun. "Get away from me!" I snapped. Ash whimpered behind me while tugging on my clothes. 

I looked over the edge, then back at the guards. Ash tugged my clothes again to get my attention and nodded to me, in which I nodded back. 

"Well, here goes." I mumbled. I grabbed Ash and jumped off the edge, falling through the clouds. I kept falling until I could see Mantle come into view. 

A Teryx flew under me and Ash, catching our fall. Mounting myself on its shoulders, I made it fly above the city. "Something's coming..." Ash informed. 

I looked behind me and saw what looked to be a storm cloud in the distance. I narrowed my eyes a bit and saw it was a storm of Grimm. 

"Salem..." I mumbled. "What do we do, Mommy?" Ash asked me. "We find Ruby and the others," I told him. 

"They must've escaped to Mantle, just like us. Let's head- Whoa!" 

The Teryx suddenly did a twirl, avoiding a missile shot. It screeched and I saw an Atlas military ship. We're not safe up here. We have to get to lower ground and lay low. I realized. 

"Take us down." I commanded the Grimm. It obeyed and flew down to Mantle. Ash and I jumped off, landing on a building as the Teryx lured the military ship away. 

After we climbed down the building, we made sure to avoid the authorities. "Hey, kid! Over here!" I heard someone say in a hushed tone. 

I looked over and saw one of the Happy Huntresses signaling to me. I took Ash's hand and ran in her direction. She led us into a house to what seemed to be abandoned, lead us down a short hallway, and into another room. 

After going through a door, I saw Ruby, Yang, just about everyone there. "Ruby!" I cheered. I ran over and hugged her, and she hugged me back. 

"I'm so glad you're okay." Ruby said, smiling with relief. I looked around, noticing Qrow wasn't here. "Where's Uncle Qrow?" I asked Ruby. 

"We don't know," She said as her smile disappeared. She drew her attention to the relic. "You have the relic!" 

"What?!" Nora said. "But I thought-! You took it back from Neo?" Jaune said in disbelief. "Nice work, Lily." Ren praised. 

"How did she get ahold of it in the first place?" I asked. "It's... a long story. But I think there's been a lot of those tonight." Oscar said. 

I looked at everyone as they had the same exhausted and sad expression on their faces. "What should we do?" I asked.

To be continued...