Grimm Form and a Matured Ash

I hear something. Is that... singing? 

I slowly opened my eyes, but my vision was blurred. My eyes blinked and a face appeared in front of me. "Good morning... How are you feeling?" A man asked. 

As I blinked again, my vision started to adjust. The man helped me sit up so I could get a better view of my surroundings. 

Still the woods, huh? Can't say I'm surprised. "Mm... Thirsty." I mumbled while rubbing my throat. The man stood up and pointed to a lake ahead. 

"Over there," He said. I stood up and began to walk towards the lake while the man led the way ahead. My movement was slow since my body wracked with pain. 

Everything hurts. I thought as I walked. The man noticed how slow I was going and said, "It's okay. We can go slowly. I am here with you, so we're alright." 

I got shot, so how am I still alive? Shouldn't I be dead? Even if I survived the gunshot, shouldn't the fall have killed me?

I stopped while clutching my chest, grunting with pain. The man walked back over to me to aid me. "It's just a bit farther. This way." 

He guided me forward until we finally reached the lake. I dropped to my knees, cupped my hands in the water, and began to drink from the lake. 

When I felt rehydrated, I noticed something was wrong with my hands. "H-Huh? Wait, what's going on?" 

My hands were in the shape of paws, covered with black fur and what looked like white armor. I looked at my reflection in the lake, but I didn't see me. 

I mean, I was there, but it wasn't my face. It was something completely different. 

"No way

"No way.. Is this me? No... No, that's not possible! This can't be me!" I said. "It's alright." The man said. 

"No, it's not alright! Nothing about this is alright! I'm not supposed to be like this!" I panicked. "How did this happen?! Why am I like this?"

"It's alright," He repeated. "You can transform back."

"What did you say?" I looked at him in confusion. "What are you talking about? Transform back?" I repeated. 

"Just relax. Close your eyes and concentrate. You should be able to turn back to normal." The man instructed calmly. 

I followed his advice and took a deep breath. Closing my eyes, I tried to relax my body. But I couldn't relax. I was in a panic. 

How and why is this happening? I know I'm not a Faunus, so why do I look like this? As if reading my thoughts, the man said, "It's alright. You can do it."

My body slowly relaxed itself, taking a slow breath. I could feel my body changing. I opened my eyes and looked at my hands, seeing they were back to normal. 

"I'm back... I'm me again!" I cheered. The man closed his eyes with a smile. "See? I told you I could do it." He said.

"Thanks. But what on earth was that?" I asked, referring to the form I took moments ago. "That was your power. The ability to transform into a Grimm." The man explained. 

"Transform... into a Grimm?" I don't believe it. I transformed into a Grimm? But how is that possible? "That's... incredible. But I'm glad I'm back to normal." I said. 

"I'm relieved to see you happy, Mother." The man said, smiling again. "Mother?" I looked at him in confusion. "Wait a minute..."

I leaned forward to get a better look at the man. That skin... and that red hair... It couldn't be...

"Ash? Ash, is that really you?" I said. "Of course it's me." He answered, the smile not leaving his face. 

"But... how?! You're so grown up! It's unbelievable!" I shouted. "Wait, how long have I been out?"

"Two weeks." Ash answered. "Two weeks?!" I repeated. "I've been out for two weeks?!"

"Yes. You were resting very soundly, so I waited for you." Ash said. "Oh... Wait a minute!" I quickly looked at my torso to see the gunshot wound, but nothing was where. 

"What? That doesn't make sense. Where's the gunshot wound?" I mumbled. I know I got shot. There's no way I imagined that. I can still feel when the bullet went through me. 

Did Ash patch me up while I was unconscious? "Ash, did you heal me?" 

"No. When I found you, you were already sleeping. So I waited for you and eliminated anyone who came near." Ash explained. 

"What do you mean you "eliminated" them?" I asked him. "I killed them so they couldn't regenerate." He said. 

"Ash, you didn't have to kill them. You could've just scared them off."

"But it was to protect Mother."

"I understand. But from now, no more killing unless we're in danger."

"All right." 

I stood to my feet as Ash did the same. Whoa. Ash is so much taller than me. I thought. "What's our next destination?" He asked.

"Well, I guess we should- Ash!" I cut off my sentence when he suddenly collapsed to the ground. "Ash! Hey, are you okay?" I asked worriedly. 

"I'm... just going to rest for a bit." He whispered before closing his eyes. "Ash?" I lightly shook his shoulder, but he wouldn't budge. 

"He's out cold. I should let him rest. He must've really wore himself watching over me for two weeks," I told myself. 

I had his head rest in my lap so he'd be more comfortable. 

"This is all really... bizarre. Controlling Grimm, turning into one... This is a lot to take in."

Maybe I should back to Salem and ask for her help again. But Ash is afraid of her, and I won't lie. I'm a bit scared of her, too. 

I sighed and looked up at the sky. "What would you do, Mom?" I asked. 

Some time later, Ash woke up and we decided to press on towards Mistral. At least we'll be somewhere instead of wandering the woods in circles.