Stranded

The Manticore flew away shortly after, but we were stranded in the middle of nowhere. "Great, this is just great!" Yang said in frustration while trying to pull her bike out of the snow.

"We're stranded, we lost a third of our party, and we have gained... a defenseless, old lady!" She gave another hard tug before falling back into the snow.

"My name is Maria Calavera, and I am not defenseless," The old woman defended herself. "I'm just a little hard of hearing... and blind without my eyes. That are in desperate need of repair... Okay, I'm starting to see your point."

"Yang, knock it off, will ya?" Qrow said. "If we lose our cool now, we'll just be inviting even more Grimm."

"Does that even matter? Apparently, we've been attracting Grimm since we left Haven." Blake stated.

"She's right. A lot of them have been showing up lately." I agreed. "Oh, and how could I forget about that?! What happened to no more lies and half-truths?!" Yang said to Oscar.

"Yeah. I think it's time we got an explanation." Oscar agreed, and Ozpin took control. "I did not lie to you." He stated.

"Well, you certainly didn't tell us everything about the relic." Weiss stated. "Please... Now is not the time." Ozpin said.

"No, we're pass that! I wanna know why you're still not telling us everything!" Yang demanded.

"It is true that the Grimm are attracted to the relics. It's faint, but undeniable. I believe it has to do with their origin, but I'm not entirely sure. Regardless, I feared that making you all aware would add anxiety and negativity. It seemed like the safer option." Ozpin explained.

"You know, I'm getting real tired of people choosing what's best for me." Weiss mentioned. "Is that why you chose to lie to everyone about Lionheart, too?" Yang asked with a frown.

"Yes, as a matter of fact," Ozpin began to walk away as we followed after him. "I believe the kingdom of Mistral deserved better than the truth. And I believed Leonardo deserved to be remembered for his lifetime of service, and not the unfortunate missteps he made in his final years."

"Missteps?!" Yang repeated, angrily. "What Professor Lionheart did was reprehensible. I'm not here to argue differently," Ozpin argued.

"But does one lapsing in judgement should indicate all of his good? Do we not all have regrets? You may have met Professor Lionheart, but you never met the man he was before Salem found him."

"Look, we're supposed to be in this together! You can trust us! We're not gonna turn our backs on you!" Yang stated.

"Do you really think Leo was the first?!" Ozpin snapped.

"That he didn't say those exact same words to me? I'm sorry, but you have to understand that my behaviors are backed by experience. I'm not saying I have reason to think you would betray me. I'm saying that I have reasons for the things that I do, the secrets I keep. The reason I..." He paused and looked around. "Where's the relic?"

"Didn't you have it?" I asked. "Right here," Ruby said as she held it in her hands. "It got scattered in the crash."

"Please, hand it over." Ozpin requested. "So, all those times you talked about having faith in humanity... that was just for everyone else?" Ruby asked.

"That's not what I meant to suggest. Miss Rose, the relic is a powerful item, and I simply feel as though it is my burden to bear." He explained.

"But... you said it couldn't do anything right now." Ruby stated. "Why does it matter who carries it?" Blake asked.

"I need you to listen to m-!" Ozpin suddenly froze in place with his hand reached out to us. "Hurry...!" Oscar said. "He's... trying to stop you!"

"Stop her from what?" I asked. "He's afraid... you'll find out what he's... hiding!" Oscar said, grunting before falling to his hands and knees. "Her name is Jinn. Say her name to summon her."

"Her name?" Ruby asked as the wind blew harder. She looked down at the relic before murmuring, "Jinn."

Suddenly, the snow stopped as it froze in place. "What?" Qrow asked, confused. The relic floated out of Ruby's hands, then transformed into some kind of blue genie.

"Mm..." The genie said while stretching. "Wonderful! Tell me, what knowledge do you seek?"