Salem

The woman and I stared at each other for what fell like a lifetime. Finally, I decided to break the silence and asked, "Are you Salem?"

"I am." She confirmed in a monotonous tone. "My name is Lily Rose," I introduced. "I was hoping you could-"

"I know exactly who you are." Salem interrupted. "You do?" I asked. "You're what people call the Grimm Whisperer," She mentioned. "You surprise me. You're much younger than I thought you'd be."

"U-Um..." I stuttered. I was scared. Her presence chilled me to the bone and I knew she wasn't someone to be taken lightly. Just from standing here, I knew how dangerous she is. 

"What do you want? What encouraged you to come all this way?" Salem asked. Swallowing my fear, I spoke in a firm voice. 

"I need your help. The Grimm told me you're able to communicate and control the Grimm," I explained. 

"Please, I need your help. I need to understand how to tame the Grimm. Control them like you do."

Salem was quiet as she stared at me intently. "Your eyes..." She said after a long while of silence. "They're silver."

She seemed to have ignored my question, as if she was more interested in my eyes than my request. 

"Mommy, I want to leave," Ash said while tugging my arm. "I... I don't like it here. I want to go, Mommy."

"In a minute, Ash." I said. "No, no. I want to leave now. We have to leave." He replied. He was tugging me harder as fear filled his voice. 

"Okay, we're going," I looked at Salem as she was still staring at me, almost unamused. "I'm sorry, but I have to go. Thank you for your time," I said. 

I followed Ash out of the castle and he was walking fast, practically dragging me out of the castle. "Ash, slow down. We're out now." 

Ash stopped walking, but still kept ahold of my hand. I could tell he was disturbed by Salem's appearance. I really can't blame him. She was scary. 

It wasn't her appearance that disturbed me though. It was her eyes. They were something else. "Mommy?" Ash said as he was facing me. 

"Yes? What is it?" I asked. "That woman is scary. I don't like her." He said. "I know, Ash. But I really need her help." I explained. 

"I... I don't think you need her help. Maybe... Maybe I can help." Ash offered. "You?" I repeated. "I... Even though... Um, is that right? Um, even though I don't know a lot, I want to be able to help Mommy as much as I can. Because you... you make me happy, Mommy. And I want to make you happy, too." Ash said. 

"Ash..." I admired his ambition and it was cute. "Why don't... we help each other? We can learn more about each other if we help one another." I suggested.

"Weally? Thanks, Mommy! I'll do my best and I'll work hard! You'll shee!" Ash cheered. "Yeah," I smiled and nodded in agreement. "Let's go." I said. 

"Uh-huh!" Ash agreed. We walked back to the Nevermore who had been patiently waiting for us to return. 

I turned back to look at the castle and I could see Salem staring at me through the window. Why is she watching me? Was she waiting for me to come back?

"Mommy!" Ash called. He was waving his arm in the air as he was already mounted on the Nevermore's neck. "Right! I'm coming!" I called back. 

After mounting the Nevermore, we flew back the way we came. However, this time, we were heading to Mistral. Saves us a lot of walking. 

As we were flying back, I looked at Ash, who was sitting in front of me, and noticed something different. He seemed slightly taller. When did he grow? Hmm... No, I must be imagining it. 

Salem's POV

So that's the Grimm Whisperer. Nothing more than a little girl. I thought as I watched Lily leave on the Nevermore. 

But I must say that I am impressed for her to come to me. That means Tyrian failed to capture her. No matter. Perhaps he'll make up for his failure by bringing the other sister. 

But that boy who was with Lily. I've never seen a Grimm in the form of a human. "Time for a change of plans." I told myself. 

Lily's POV

Our next stop was to get to Mistral. But first, I need to get Ash some clothes. I can't have him walking around in just white rags. 

I had the Nevermore land near a village, but far enough where we wouldn't alert them. Upon entering, Ash and I found a clothing store and I had him try on some clothes.

But as soon as he entered the changing room, he tossed the clothes out.

"Ash, what's wrong? Do the clothes not fit?" I asked, picking up the clothes he discarded. "No, no! No scratchy clothes!" He said, childishly.

"But Ash, you have to wear these. You can't keep walking around in rags." I said. "Me no like scratchy clothes! Too scratchy!" Ash complained.

I sighed. Now what? Ash needs to wear something. "Mm?" I looked at the sleeve of my Grimm hoodie and got an idea.

"Ash, how about I make you some clothes instead?" I suggested. "I'll make sure they're not scratchy and so they fit nicely, okay?"

"No scratchy?" Ash repeated while poking his head out of the fitting room curtain. "No scratchy." I confirmed, giggling.

He put the rags back on and we left the clothing store, going back to the Nevermore. It decided to accompany us a bit longer while I used the materials I had brought along with me to make Ash some clothes. 

While I did that, Ash roamed around where I could see and would often climb trees. Sometimes, he would lay there in the grass and stare up at the sky.

After about an hour and a half, I was finished with his clothes. "What do you think?" I asked, once he tried them off. "Soft and soft!" He cheered. "It feels really so good! Thank you much!"

"Hehe. I'm glad you like them." I said with a closed-eye smile.