Last Chance

"Well, we're all ears." Nora said. "Okay, so the cylinder on Cordo's cannon rotates and locks in a giant dust cartridge every time she changes attack style." I explained.

"We noticed." Weiss said, sarcastically. "Right, but her missile launcher doesn't lock in! It pops out!" Oscar mentioned.

"Without her shields, one well-placed shot can detonate the missile while they're still in the launcher!"

"It could destroy the entire cannon," Jaune realized. "You guys, that's brilliant!"

"Can you... make that kind of shot?" Nora asked with worry. "We'll only get one chance before she catches on," Ruby said. "I'd practically have to be staring down the barrel of her cannon."

"Well, I've got a way to guarantee that." Maria said, and flew the ship down to Ruby and the others. Ruby climbed aboard and we headed towards the robot. 

"Hey, Cordo! I've got one missile left and I know exactly where I'm gonna stick it!" Maria taunted Cordovin. 

"One missile, you say?" Cordo laughed. "That's a shame, Maria! Because I have plenty!" 

My eyes widened when I saw Cordo aim her missile launcher at the ship. "Are you two crazy?!" Oscar yelled. 

"Sometimes the best approach is simply the most direct!" Maria answered happily. "You're both totally insane!" I screamed as Ruby got in position.  

Ruby took her shot just as Cordo rocket launcher closed just in time. "Oh no...!" I muttered. "You thought you could fool me?!" Cordo yelled.

"Pull up!" Oscar shouted. Maria pulled the ship upwards just as Cordo fired at us. Even though we managed to avoid it, the electricity from the blast still damaged the terminal. 

"Ah! I can't see! My eyes...!" Maria cried out. "No, no, no!" Oscar panicked. "Take control!" Maria instructed him. He quickly grabbed ahold of the shifter and tried to maneuver the ship. 

"We're gonna crash!" I yelled as Ash screamed with fright. He held onto me and I shut my eyes tightly as we crash landed into the woods. 

"We're... We're still in one piece." Oscar said with relief. 

I slowly opened my eyes and saw that he was right, and we were in one piece. "Phew..." I breathed a sigh of relief as I let go of Ash. 

"That was weally scarwy." Ash said. "Very clever," Cordo said as her robot approached us. "But even the smartest apes can't compete with the intellect of man." 

"I'm really starting to dislike her." I mumbled. "Huh?" I looked over and saw Ruby approaching Cordo's robot. "Ruby, what are you doing?" 

She looked back at me and said, "Trust me." 

She stood in front Cordo with her scythe in hand. "Surrender for your crimes and accept your punishment." Cordo said while pointing at Ruby.

"No!" Ruby denied. "We're going to Atlas! Bigger people than you have tried to stop us and failed! But we're supposed to be on the same side! We're supposed to use our power to protect people! But you just use yours to look down on everyone! We didn't want to steal from you! We did it because you gave us no other choice! Now I'm giving you one last chance to stand down and hear us out!"

"I've heard enough." Cordo said, and aimed her cannon at Ruby. "Ruby!" I called out in worry. "No!" Ash said. 

I ran forward in attempt to save my sister until she used her semblance to go inside the barrel of Cordo's cannon. 

Before Alpha and I could run towards her, Ruby used her semblance to go inside the cannon. "She's nuts!" Nora yelled. 

"Missile launcher springs out, but the raw dust gets locked in!" Jaune said.

I heard Ruby fire her gun, then dashed out of the cannon. When she did, Cordo's cannon got stuck with ice and earth.

"What?! No!" She yelled. I spotted Ruby falling through the air as her aura flickered. "Ruby!" I called.

Weiss used her glyphs to slow her down and Uncle Qrow caught her. "Ruby! Ruby?!" He said as I ran over to them.

"Ugh..." Ruby regained consciousness, then smirked at us. "Told ya." She said in a smug tone. I sighed in relief. "Please don't do that again." I said. 

"No! No, no, no, NO!!! You! You're never getting to Atlas! Do you hear me?! NEVER!!!" Cordo screamed, angrily.

"All forces converge on my position and eliminate these pests at once!"

"Everyone on board! We're making a run for it!" Maria informed. "What about Yang and Blake?" Jaune asked. "Mommy... Something's coming." Ash warned. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. Before Ash could respond, a herd of Manticores and other flying Grimm flew above us. And they were heading straight for Argus. 

"Oh no..." I murmured. "This is your fault! Do you hear me?!" Cordo yelled.

"Ruby!"

We turned around and saw Blake and Yang running over to us. "Yang! Blake! Are you okay?" Ruby asked.

"What happened?" Blake asked, and we heard the Leviathan roar in the distance. "Was that a giant Grimm?" Yang asked.

"Yes... And we just ruined the only thing capable of stopping it." Weiss answered.