New Look and New Weapon

The next morning, I learned my sisters and her friends had departed early to help the Ace Ops with the launch site. 

Meanwhile, I spent some time in Dr. Pietro's lab, reading books about Grimm, their nature, and possible weaknesses. 

It took until sunset for Ruby, Yang, and the others to return. When I saw them, I immediately hugged my sisters. "You're back!" I cheered. 

"You hold the fort while we were gone?" Yang said while ruffling my hair. "You betcha!" I answered. "Where's Ash?" Ruby questioned. 

"Good question. I haven't seen him all day. I've asked the doctor, but he says he hasn't seen him either." I explained. 

"Mommy~!" I heard Ash sing. I turned around and saw Ash jogging over to me with Penny following behind him. 

"There you are. Where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you." I said. "I got Mommy a gift!" He said proudly. 

"A gift?"

"Ta-da!"

Penny handed me the gift Ash mentioned and it turned out to be a sword. But the colors resembled that of a Grimm. 

"Whoa..." I said in awe. "So cool!" Ruby said, just as amazed. "Penny and I went outside and had her papa make it just for you." Ash explained. "It's made from Grimm." Penny informed. 

"Made from Grimm?!" I repeated. "How did... How did you manage to do that? How did you even make this?"

"Oh, it was easy. After I collected those shiny things from within them, it was easy to piece them together." Ash said. 

"You've got yourself quite the little scientist." Dr. Pietro said. "Wait, what do you mean by "shiny things"?" I asked. "Ash is talking about the cores that the Grimm hold." Penny said. 

"Cores? Grimm have cores?" I said. "Yep! It's all the way, deep down in their stomach! Tearing them out was the easy part." Ash said. 

Why did he say that like it was no big deal? I thought with slight worry. When he says he tore out the cores, did he do that himself? Or did Penny help him with that?

"Using the cores they've collected, I was able to modify the weapon to your mobility while installing some features. Like an assault gun, a shield, and a blade." Dr. Pietro explained. 

"No way!" I said, excitedly. "Just from Grimm cores?!" 

"Yep!" Dr. Pietro chuckled. "What do you think?" Ash asked. I picked up the Grimm weapon and swung it lightly. 

"It feels great. I expected it to be heavy, but the weight is just right for me. I can't wait to test it out tomorrow." I said. 

"Ash did good?" Ash asked. "Ash did great. Thank you." I said while petting his head. He giggled before hugging my waist. 

The next day, I was eager to try out the new sword Ash, Penny, and Dr. Pietro made me. But before I could do that, General Ironwood suggested I'd wear something appropriate for combat. 

Since I'm in Atlas now, he claimed I had to be prepared for anything. Thus, he gave me some combat gear, and I've gotta say, it looks amazing!

The hat I added myself because combat gear can't be complete without something cute, right? For the next few days, I've been training with Oscar and Team FNKI from the Vytal Tournament

With Oscar already knowing a thing or two about combat, I've been improving on my own combat skills. 

Yet I still don't have my semblance. But with a little more training, I'm sure I'll awaken it in no time.

At the moment, everyone was training in the arena provided to us by Ironwood. I was training, too as I sparred with Oscar while Ash cheered from the side. 

"Clover wasn't kidding," Ironwood said as he and Clover entered the training arena. "You're really giving this your all."

"Well, we have to with the way things are going." Ruby replied. "They're not going well, are they?" Ironwood noticed, regarding the election between Weiss's father and Robin Hill.

Ruby told me she ran into her with Penny as they were delivering stuff to the launch site. She seems like she wants to help, but does it in her own way. 

General Ironwood took out his scroll and looked at the polls between Jacques Schnee and Robyn Hill.

"Better Robyn than Jacques Schnee." Yang said while leaning her elbow on my shoulder. 

"Oh, I suppose so," Ironwood agreed. "Either way, this election doesn't bode well for our stability."

"It could be a chance to work with Robyn and get Mantle on your side." Ruby mentioned.

"The likelihood of that working-"

"She's right," Nora interrupted Ironwood. "You have to do something about Mantle. If you could get Robyn to trust you."

"I bet if you opened up to her, she'd understand that you're being framed." Jaune suggested. "Perhaps, but it will only work if she opens up, too." Ironwood said.

Nora went to speak, but Ren spoke first, saying, "I take it you're here for new mission assignments."

"You could say that," Clover said. "The General and I want you to take the rest of the day to recuperate."

"Recuperate?" Ash repeated. "You're giving us a night off?" Blake asked the general. 

"Ordering it. After tonight's election, we'll be waking up to a very different Atlas tomorrow," Ironwood explained. "I need you rested and ready for whatever that may bring."

We headed back to our dorms, taking the General's advice. Ruby and the others already had plans of what they were going to do tonight. 

Blake and Yang were going out clubbing with Team FNKI, Weiss, Oscar, and Jaune were going to the movies, and Ruby, Nora, and Ren were going to a victory party for Robyn Hill. 

So, should I go clubbing with Yang and Blake, see a movie with Jaune, Weiss, and Oscar, or go to the victory party with Ruby, Ren, and Nora?

"Mommy, Mommy!" Ash called while running over to me. He hugged my waist with his face buried in my chest before lifting his head to look at me. 

"Can we go to the movies with Jaune and Oscar? Pretty please? I wanna eat some candy!" He said. "Sure. Let's go stuff our faces with popcorn and candy." I said. 

Ash cheered, then took my hand so we could rendezvous with Jaune and Oscar. As we approached them, I saw Weiss accompanying them. 

"Yay! Weiss is coming, too!" Ash cheered once more. "That's awesome! The more, the merrier!" I said. "You guys ready?" Weiss asked. 

"Yep." 

"Great, let's go!" Jaune said. 

We went to the movies where Ash stuffed his face with popcorn and candy, just like he said he would. 

In the middle of the movie, Ash fell asleep from eating too much and rested his head on my lap. Needless to say, I had to carry him home once the movie was over.