Battle with Cordovin

"We'll all watch our scrolls. The second Weiss is out of range of the com tower, that'll mean she's out of range of the radar, too." Ruby announced.

"And that's when Blake steps in. We're almost at the drop-off." Yang said through earpiece. I just hope this works. I thought nervously. 

I looked at my scroll and saw Weiss's signal was dropping. "She's offline." I informed Ruby. "All right, guys. This is it," Ruby said to everyone. "Blake, you're up... Blake?"

"Is Kitty okay?" Ash asked. Before I could respond, I heard Weiss speak through the earpiece. 

"Ruby, we're in trouble. Cordo's onto us, and Maria isn't helping!" She informed. "Why is the radar still up?"

"We don't know! Blake isn't responding!" Ruby said. "What do we do?" Oscar asked, worried. "Keep the ship in one piece." Yang instructed.

"Maybe we should fly over to help Yang and Blake first?" Nora suggested. "Damn it!" Qrow snapped.

"Cordo's gonna scramble our fighters. We've got maybe 90 seconds before they're in the air and all over Weiss and Maria. This is all my fault."

"What are you talking about? Y-Your semblance?" Jaune asked. "Every choice I've ever made has led me here and I dragged you along with me," Qrow explained.

"Oz, myself, the others... We're responsible for the mess the world's in now. I shouldn't have come. I shouldn't have let any of you come. What was I thinking?!"

"We're all in this together, and we're all going to do the best we can," Ruby said to him. "That's all anyone can do. And I know it's what you've always aimed for. We would've come, whether or not you've let us. So, stop talking like we're your responsibility. We're not. But we could still use Qrow Branwen on our side."

"Heh... How did you grow up so fast?" Qrow said, smiling softly. "I had good role models." Ruby said while smiling back. 

"Guys..." Weiss said. "She's not sending fighters."

"What does she mean? Who is she sending?" I asked. 

The ship Weiss and Maria stole had come into view with an enormous robot tailing behind them. "Do you truly wish to defy me?!" Cordovin called.

"Hurry back, Weiss. I need you on the ground if we're gonna take this thing down." Ruby said into the earpiece.

Cordo shot a missile to Weiss and Maria, and Ruby intercepted it by shooting at it with her gun. "Grr...! So be it!" Cordo yelled, and aimed to fire at us.

But Weiss came just in time to protect us from the blast as she summoned an earth wall. "That was close!" Oscar said.

"We need to figure out how to stop Cordovin and protect the airship until we do." Ruby said. "Let's give her more targets to focus on." Jaune suggested.

"You mean us, don't you?" Nora stated, bluntly.

"Look at that thing! It's not designed for small enemies. It's probably meant for giant Grimm that come in from even waters," Jaune explained. "We can turn our size into an advantage. We just have to be smart."

"Maria, can you keep the ship out of harm's way?" Ruby asked into her earpiece. "Well, they can take my driver's license, but I won't let them take this ship!" Maria replied.

"Very reassuring." Ren said, sarcastically. "I'll be more useful if I go with her," Oscar advised. "From up high, I can try and spot a weakness."

"And he's not the only one who can grab a bird's eye view." Qrow said. "What should I do?" I asked Ruby. "Go with Oscar and Maria." She instructed. 

"Ooh! Me, too! I wanna come, too!" Ash chimed in while jumping up and down while waving his hand. 

"You said, you needed me on the ground?" Weiss asked Ruby. "Not exactly." She replied. Once everyone had their roles, we split up.

When Nora shot at the robot with her grenade launcher, Cordovin activated shields. "Surely, you knew Atlas was the father of hard-light dust. Or do lesser kingdoms simply lack proper education!" Cordo said.

She began firing at Jaune, Ren, and Nora. "Cordo just activated shields!" Jaune informed. "I saw that! We need to find whatever's generating it!" Oscar replied.

"You know, in videogames, the weak spot is usual on the back of the giant boss." Ruby said. "Wait, I thought it was on the head of the giant boss?" I asked.

"You guys, this isn't a game!" Weiss argued. "We're just trying to- Look out!" Ruby warned when the boot of the robot nearly stomped on them. 

"Until the shield's down, we're gonna have to get up-close and personal with this thing." Uncle Qrow informed.

"That's easier said than done!" Oscar called. "Weiss and I are on it!" Ruby informed.

Ice emerged from the waves and stretched towards the robot, making it trip over them. Cordo growled and made her robot face Weiss and Ruby once more.

"Wait a second, when Cordo...!" I gasped in realization. "Ruby, get out of there!" 

"Ruby, move!" Oscar instructed as Cordo fired her missile launcher at the pair. Thankfully, Weiss was able to summon a white Lancer just in time, so they avoided the attack. 

That's when Ruby leaped off the Lancer and dove towards Cordo, thrusting her scythe into the metal. "Yeah! Way to go, Ruby!" I cheered. "Yay!" Ash cheered with me. 

While Cordo was momentarily distracted, Nora fired at her once more. "Grr...! I've had enough of you ingrates!" Cordo yelled.

I gasped when she swung the robot's hand towards Jaune and Nora, and they smashed through one of the earth spikes that Cordo had fired earlier.

"Oh no!" Ash said with worry. "Guys, look out!" I yelled to my sister as Cordo fired again. Thankfully, they all managed to make it to safety before Weiss's summoning disappeared from the blast. 

"Ruby, can you hear me? Are you okay?" Oscar asked, and Cordo shot at the ship. "Are we okay?!" Ruby repeated.

"I know, I know! We were supposed to lay low, but listen! I think we finally found a weakness!" I informed.

To be continued...