2: Crying Lightning

This photo of hazel always cracks me up, like 50 different emotions at once in this photo. It's so funny to me I haven't stopped laughing for like 10 minutes.

Anyway enjoy!! :]

Might post art next chapter. And today has a special feature!!

____________
After the day had faded and the moon crept up behind the sun leaving an array of pastels in the sky.

Y/n was outside fiddling with her dogs soft hair. The dog happily snuggled up to Y/n on the grass of her porch.

Y/n always wondered how she even came to having such a huge dog, but she didn't complain. The Australian shepherd, with snow white hair, and with some blotches of brown and gray. And not to mention the canines stormy eyes, and the left on was blotched with a stroke of blue.

Y/n may not have had many friends, but she did have Hazel. Who was an amazing dog.

(If you guys behave I won't kill off hazel)

The dog was licking Y/n's face, which she giggled with delight as she swatted the pups slobbery attacks.

"Y/N GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!!!" Yelled Y/n's step dad from the kitchen. She panicky scurried up to run inside before she was in any deeper trouble.

"Yeah Robert?" She asked walking inside, her dad was sat from the kitchen to the sofa with a bag of crisps and a soda. Lazily wasting away watching TV dramas.

"Go wake your mother, I don't want to wake up that slob of a mother you call." He said, y/n held back her burning anger. Which slowly grew when she heard her step dad yell ignorant insults at her mother.

But it's not like her mom would notice. She was deaf, born that way. Y/n had learned sign language at the steady age of 5. And since her dad died when she was 10, a great man was replaced by a low life drunk who spent his days at the bar.

What a fucking slob.

She thought in anger as she steadily walked to her where her mother was soundly sleeping. After a long days work at the deaf/mute school she teaches at.

It payed well and the absurd hours were worth it for the kids who had no one to communicate due to their lack of talking or hearing.

Which is why Y/n was so determined to visit her local hospital and help tutor the kids that were struggling with sign language.

And 17 year old Y/n, determined to not end up like her step dad, and provide her family with a wealthy job.

But she wasn't entirely sure what she wanted to be, her whole life she spent it in her room learning sign language as new words were slowly added and new gestures were added to the all known BSL.

She opened her mother's bedroom door to see her mom sleeping soundly after a long day of working. She stumbled over to her bedside and lightly shook her. Which luckily woke her up.

Good morning Y/n signed her mom groaned and slowly sat up.

Good morning she said planting a kiss on Y/n's temple, she rubbed her eyes before giving a tired sigh to y/n.

What does he want? Y/n shrugged, she wasn't really told things. She was just pushed around when her step dad was around.

Her mother got up and walked out the room. Y/n heard a yell come from outside the room.

She walked out to peek out what was happening. She heard the profanities that were being thrown at her mom.

It wasn't the first time though, at least it wasn't unusual for her.

Y/n walked into her room and sprawled out on the bed, thinking to herself. Not about anything in particular, just thinking. 

At least she tried to, her mind was clouded by the shouting. And the clattering of pans, Y/n figured her stepdad insisted on having a big dinner.

But y/n knew there would be nothing but left overs for her and her mother to scrounge for. But y/b lost her appetite in that moment.

Her mind slowly drifted off to that boy, shows smile glistened as she waved him goodbye through the glass door of the quiet library.

She was desperate for a friend. But for now she had small things that mattered. Some more than others, she thought as hazel slowly walked in the room and whimpered by her bed side.

She petted the furry dog as she thought about the big. Completely blocking out the shouting, and clanging of pans.

"Alright hazel, lets go outside it's too hot in here." I whispered to her, she looked at me confused but in some sense understood me.

She stood up and walked out side through the back door trying her best to not disturb Robert. Stepping with much care not forgetting to take her phone with her.

She stepped onto the soft grass next to hazel, she pulled out her phone to put on a song. Not anything in particular just anything that came in mind.

She chose the song "Crying Lightning" by Arctic Monkeys. Which were on of her favorite bands.

And the song was ironic since it seemed that a thunder storm was coming. But she didn't really mind, a little water wouldn't do much.

She tapped her hand to the opening best of the song. As hazel nuzzled her face under her arm.

Outside the cafe by the cracker factory,
You were practicing a magic trick.

She upped the volume once she heard the louder yelling. Slowly drowning out the madness of her home.

And my thoughts got rude, as you talked and chewed.

She always thought why her mother married such a horrible man. She never understood it, her mother always said he provided for them. Yet the money was always wasted by dawn.

On the last of your pick and mix.

Said "you're mistaken if your thinking that I haven't been called cold before"

She gave out a soft yawn, but she refused to get up and go inside no matter how cold it was, or how tired she was in that fact.

As you bit into your strawberry face,
And then a flip in your attention in a form of a gobstopper.

Is all you have left and it was going to waste.

The chorus slowly crept up, but she felt the giant drizzle hit her face.

Your pastimes, consisted of the strange.
And twisted and deranged.
And I love that little game, you had called.

She heard lightning strike with a loud clash. She sat up hurriedly taking hazel with her so she wouldn't get wet.

"Crying lighting"

_____________
Ayooooo

I'm gay and like the tits because I am gay. I'm gay btw

Word count: 1152

_______