Chapter 1

16 years of dealing with my father's bullshit alone, but I'm done. I packed up my shit and ran away. Taking my little sister with me.

It Is Time for a new start.

Before Moving into a new place I traveled a lot. My little sister was with me most of the time. We planned on traveling until we found a small city or town that we both liked, And after some time we found that place.

I had asked some old friends of my moms who I grew up being close to, to take In my mini me. And as for me? I rented a small apartment, and placed myself Into an actual school.

My whole life, I was homeschooled.

Now It Is time for my first day at my new school In grade 12. I am wearing a solid round neck t-shirt with black leggings. I tighten my Dark brown hair up Into a high ponytail as I slip on A pair of fake black Bluelight glasses.

As I walk out of my apartment building I walk towards the school bus stop.

I hate this, but I have to blend In.

The School bus pulls Into the school parking lot and pulls to a stop right at the front doors. Then as everyone piles up Into groups as they get off the bus.

God, I really don't want to do this today. I would rather do anything else. But I don't want my father to find me or my little sister. So I have to do what I have to do to fit In.

When I get off of the bus I start to walk through the doors, but I don't know where the office is, so I stand there looking around like I am lost.

Then some asshole Walks Into me.

"Watch it," They shouted.

I was about to shout back but I held it back and bit my tongue.

"I am so sorry, I am new here and I'm trying to find the office but I don't know where to go," I blurted.

"Whatever It's fine," he paused, staring at me for a second. "My name is Rylan. I can show you the way to the Office if you would like," Rylan suggested.

I prompted a smile In the form of thanking him.

"That would be great," I snickered.

After a few minutes of walking In silence we arrived at the office.

"So, before I head to my first class I never got your name," Rylan laughs.

"Shit, Ya good point," I laughed. "My name is Aurora,"

Rylan nodded and then walked away to go to class.

"Hello, my name is Aurora, I am new here. I was hoping I could get my new schedule," I said with a smile.

"Ah, Aurora. Yes, here," The secretary said as she handed me my schedule.

"Thank you mrs." I smiled and grabbed the schedule.

I then headed over to the girls washroom which was right across the hall from the office. As I checked what class I had first.

English.

Today was my first day of being In an actual school. One of my father's trusted friends has always been my teacher.

Now I get to actually experience high school.

And I also have to find the English room.

So I walked around the school for 20 minutes looking for room 228.

"Hi, I'm so sorry I am late, I-I couldn't find the c-classroom," I stuttered.

"Sit down at the far right corner In the back," The teacher directed. "Between those two,"

Once I looked over to the seat she had appointed me to I was met with Rylan being one of the two.

I walked over and sat down.

The teacher began teaching a new project to the classroom.

"Psst, What's your name?" The guy on the opposite side of Rylan said.

"Aurora," I replied.

"Nice to meet you Aurora, I'm Hayden," He Introduced.

We ended up talking about which teachers sucked and which did not for the rest of the class. Causing me to not have a clue what the new assignment was.

Then I ran Into someone else In the hall causing them to drop their papers.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," I apologized.

This is the second time.

"It's okay," the girl smiled. "My name is Kylie,"

"My name is Aurora," I said as I helped her pick up her papers.

Then after Introducing ourselves we talked, and it turns out we have most of the same classes for the rest of the day.

We talked for the rest of the day and got to know each other.

It's nice to say I have my first friend my age.