Chapter 17

Rylans POV

After waiting here at Rosealias diner my aunt is late. It is 10:07 am, and I haven't received a single message saying she couldn't make it.

    "Hey sorry, Toby was up all night throwing up and my oldest child Sarah was fighting with him because she needed to use the bathroom but he was puking some more and he's now home alone now because no one would stay home with him," Maria explained.

     "It's okay, you could have canceled you know," I Assured.

    "Yeah, but this is important," She smiled.

    "So is your son's safety," I laughed.

    "He will be fine for an hour," She shrugged. " I hate to do this today, but you need to know. Your uncle, my husband, Andrew, is very sick. That's why we were at the hospital yesterday," She sighed.

    "What's wrong with him?" I asked.

    "He has Leukemia, but we don't have enough money for treatment, we don't even have a big enough house for our family," She explained.

    "How much does it cost?" I asked.

    They are family, and I just happen to have a lot of money so if I can help in any way I would like to.

    "36 thousand," She sighed.

    My eyes widened at the amount of money she just said she needed to pay for treatment.

    "Oh shi- Shiz-a-doodle," I correct myself.

    "Yeah, I know it's a lot," She chuckled sadly.

    I mean I want to help, and I have the money too, but maybe I should wait some time and get to know them a little more before I give them the money, but then I remembered that Andrew may not make it much longer without treatment.

    "I will pay the full 36 thousand dollars," I smiled at her.

    She immediately looked up with happy tears, she was speechless.

    "You don't understand how much I appreciate that, but how are you gonna get that much money?" She questioned.

    She knows I ran away from home and she knows why, so she probably thinks I have no money.

    "Well I have friends of friends who have been helping me out and sending me money often so I kinda have a lot of money," I Chuckled.

    She smiled gratefully at me, and I returned the smile.

    I don't want my cousins to be fatherless, and I want to get to know everyone.

    "Wait, Don't you still go to school?" She asks.

    Shit.

    "Well yes, but uhh I have good grades so I'm not worried about missing a day," I said hoping she won't get mad, but all she did was laugh at how I winced thinking she was gonna get mad.

    "It's fine, My daughter skips all the time," She's laughs some more.

    And after ordering our food, talking, receiving our food, and eating all of it, it was time to go our separate ways.

    "You remind so much of your mother," She laughed sadly while we walked out of the diner and I walked her to her car. "You know, your grandmother and everyone always thought you were dead. We never got the chance to meet you because of your dad but your mother kept us updated and showed pictures of you to us everyday," She continues.