Chapter 21

Auroras POV

"Come on, let's get out of here,"  Rylan said as he slipped his hand into mine and pulled me in the direction of the car.

    Once we reached the car he opened the passenger door and I got into the car, and he walked to the drivers sit and got in as well.

    He grips the steering wheel tightly as he looks behind him and backs up.

    His knuckles were bruised and cut up, they had blood on them and you could tell it hurt.

    "You killed him didn't you?" I asked, calmly.

    Rylan looked at me in shock then back at the road not saying anything.

    I've dealt with this stuff before, it doesn't really bother me honestly, and plus Hayden is not a good person.

    "You just killed your best friend, why aren't you upset?" I questioned.

    "Because I hated him, I was only friends with him to get to know you," He said without hesitation.

    I became speechless.

    He was friends with him for me?

    I bit my bottom lip to keep the small smile that was trying to creep its way onto my face off of my face.

    "Why? I'm not anything special?" I said confusingly.

    "When I first met you, when we bumped into each other I saw how you tried not to get mad at me, and that caught my attention. Everything in me needed to know you. So I did what I could to get to know you, and then Mylah told me more and more about you and I found myself being drawn to you in a different way," He explained.

    He noticed?

    "Your father is Ryan Lopez, Our fathers knew each other," He paused. "They hated each other. They were enemies, And I guess I kinda wanted to get to know you because of that when I learnt who you were," He explained.

    Shit.

    Then not long after he said that the car filled with silence and he pulled into a parking lot for a beach that is surrounded by woods.

    Rylan got out of the car and walked to my side, and opened the door.

    "Trust me.. Please," He sighs as he offers me a hand up.

    I took a deep breath and grabbed his hand.

    He intertwined our fingers together and guided me through the woods and too a beautiful lake house, It was huge.

    I soaked in the beauty of the house as Rylan was leading me up the stairs towards the house.

    I could see him looking back at me with a smile every so often, but I wasn't paying attention to him.

    The realization hit me once we sat down at a ledge of the deck of the house.

    "So wait, you have known about me and my family this whole time and you've been helping me out anyways?" I said confusingly again.

    "No one is perfect, Aurora, and I really didn't care once I got to know you more," He shrugged like it was nothing.

    I looked out at the view of the lake, that's also a beach not far from here.

    It was all beautiful here.

    "It's beautiful isn't it," Rylan smiled while looking out at the lake.

    I just nodded and stared at the lake, and watched as birds flew around the night sky.

    Then Rylan reached for my hand again and put his hand in mine, but I pulled away and sighed.

    "No Rylan," I shook my head. " I can't do this, We can be friends, but I don't want to do this,"

    "It's okay, I understand," He shrugged.

    Then I looked over at him and saw a small smile on his face.

    "Do you ever wish you could make your dad pay for everything he has done to you?" I asked him softly.

    "All the time, but it's hard to do anything of the sort by yourself," He shrugged again.

    Then an idea came to mind.

    Only an idea, doesn't mean It will happen.

    But what if, what if we teamed up and got revenge.

    "Let's do it together then," I smirked at him.

    A smirk made its way onto his face as well and he stood up offering me a hand up.

    I took his hand to pull myself up and then I took my head out of his and followed him into the house.

    He turns on all of the lights and then leads me into a room.

    A room that has boxing bags, weights, workout tools and more.

    "Then we are going to need to get a good night's sleep before we start preparing for the revenge," He said, keeping his smirk intact.

    "I guess so," I said, following him out of the room.

    He brought me to another room that had a huge bed with grey bed sheets on it.

    "You can sleep in here, I will sleep on the couch," Rylan nodded to the bed.

    Then he walked into the bathroom attached to the room and started digging into the cabinets.

    He placed a few things by the sink and then walked out of the bathroom and towards the closet and started digging through there too.

    He tosses a set of clothes on the bed and then turns on the tv.

    "Tooth brush is in the bathroom, along with some towels and stuff, and the clothes are for you too, in case you want to get in the shower or bath," He informed me as he scrolled through the movies on netflix.

    I decided to grab the clothes that were most likely his and get in the bath.

    I walked into that bathroom and locked the door behind me.

    An hour after soaking in the bath and thinking a little too much, I decided to get out of the bath and put on the clothes.

    I walked out of the bathroom and climbed into the super king sized bed, even though Rylan was watching tv and laying in the bed as well.

    I faced the opposite direction of him and closed my eyes.

    "I'm not sleeping in here, just thought I'd wait until you were asleep," Rylan explained.

    "Okay," I mumbled.

    The memory of the kiss from truth or dare played on loop in my head.

    I couldn't stop thinking about it.

    Then I turned around and looked up at Rylan and where he sat up against the headboard.

    I could feel a small smile try and break its way onto my face but I bit my bottom lip and closed my eyes.

    I laid here for 20 minutes trying to sleep, but I couldn't.

    I could feel the movement of Rylan trying to get out of the bed but I grabbed his hand tightly trying to get him to stop.

    "Stay," I whispered. "There's one bed anyways, so just stay," I said looking him in the eyes.

    "I thought you were asleep," I chuckled lightly, but I just shook my head.

    "I can't sleep," I sighed.

    Rylan then climbed under the blankets and smiled at me.

    We both laid there awkwardly facing each other, but after a while I began to get tired, so I closed my eyes and began to drift off, but right before I did, I felt Rylan tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear.