Chapter 13

"Be quiet, Aurora is still sleeping," I chuckled as I'm in the kitchen unpacking the breakfast I ordered.

"Does it look like I care?" Mylah said. She started walking towards Aurora's bedroom door and I didnt even bother stopping her because I knew she wouldn't stop even if I tried. She is excited to see her big sister and I understand that.

So I followed her Into the bedroom and leaned up against the door and watched her to see what she was going to do.

She picks up one of the pillows and starts hitting Aurora with it.

"Rylan I suggest you stop before I fucking murder you with the dagger I keep in me drawer," Aurora Threatened.

"Woww, Okay I see how it is. I'll just tell Mylah to go home," I shrug. Aurora shot up in seconds when she realized what I just said, and her eyes locked with Mylahs.

After they had eye contact for a few minutes Aurora jumped out of bed and ran towards Mylah and grew sense they last saw each other. They hugged for like 10 minutes, and I decided to go back into the kitchen and get breakfast ready.

I divided all of the food onto plates.

I bought french toast and bacon, I also got Aurora a milkshake and fries.

"So how tall are you now?"Aurora asked Mylah as they walked into the kitchen.

"I am 4'7," Mylah responds. "I'm catching up to your height," Mylah nudged Aurora's shoulder with her own and they both looked at eachother and let out very similar laughs, but Auroras stood out the most to me.

I turned around so that Aurora was out of my sight, but then Mylah came up beside me and let's out a quiet laugh at the fact I couldn't take my eyes off of her sister.

"You like my sister, it's obvious, and sense I am the only family she technically really has. I have to keep an eye on you and do the threatening thingy," Mylah laughed.

"Your sister is a good person, and no I don't like her,"I whisper to Mylah so one she would hear me.

"Ya okay, let me know when you realize the truth," She snickers as she walks away.

Not long ago Mylah found out more about her father, and she became more mature.

Mylah isn't afraid to confront me about anything, I guess that happens when you live with someone. You grow a bond, Well sometimes.

I then bring out a bunch of food to the living room, where Mylah and Aurora were sitting and then walk back to the kitchen to grab the milkshake and fries.

Once Aurora sees the milkshake she jumps up and grabs it from me while leaving me the fries.

Then Kelly, Milo,and Spencer walk into the apartment. Kelly and Milo hug Aurora, who looked at me and Spencer confusingly. They haven't officially met yet.

"I am spencer," He laughs as he introduces himself.

______________________________

For hours we all sat in the living room and talked. Well that was until a phone call interrupted and the room went silent.

Aurora grabs her phone and walks to the bathroom to answer the phone call, but I follow. I tried to come into the bathroom but she screamed at me and told me to go talk with the others, so that's what I did.

Auroras POV

"What do you want," I whisper into my phone with anger growing by the moment.

The Caller ID was Unknown, so I Immediately thought It was my father.

I could hear breathing on the other side of the line, but no one has said anything. Well I am changing that because this is annoying.

"Dad, I swear to god. Leave Mylah and I the hell alone, We are finally-" Before I can finish my sentence I am cut off.

"Aurora?" A woman said over the phone, The voice sounded scared but soft. I felt like I knew the person. I recognized the voice but I couldn't think of who it was. "It's been a long Time since I have talked to you," The voice said sadly.

There was silence as I thought extremely hard on who the hell this person is.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you forgot my voice, I kinda up and left when you were ten. It has been almost 8 years. I thought it would be good to call you to ask you to let me take you out for dinner for your birthday, on the day of your birthday. April 17th," She trailed off.

"You waited this long to call me," I paused as a tear fell down my cheek. "YOUR OTHER DAUGHTER IS 8 SHE DOESN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU LEFT WHEN SHE WAS JUST A BABY!" I scream through the phone.

There is now silence over the phone and In the living room, so I am almost certain that they just heard everything.

"I know I am sorry-" She tried to apologize but I cut her off.

"You don't get to be sorry. You left me alone with him, you left me and Mylah alone. So I did the same thing you did and ran away, but I took her with me, I took on the responsible to take care of her, I was the mom she never got to have," I said very loudly into the phone, but As I was about to say more I was cut off by Rylan walking into the bathroom pulling me into a hug.

"Sure take me to dinner on friday, but if you aren't gonna stay and be the mother we need then dont bother,"

Then the call all of a sudden ended and I wasn't even phased by it. Being a mom was just too hard for her I guess.

I walk out of the bathroom and Mylah immediately locks eyes with me, which causes me to stop walking. She had a tear running down her face and in that moment I feel like it's all my fault once again.

Rylan walks around me and hugs her trying to comfort her. This guy really likes to comfort people I guess.

Then I received a text from the number, my mother.

"You choose when and where I will be there."