Chapter 36

Rylans POV
"Mrs, are you related to Andrea Matthews?" A doctor asked.

I nodded my head. She's a mess, her mother may have just died before Aurora even had the chance to get close to her, and I understand that.. Trust me I do.

"Mrs. Mathews is in rough shape but she is still hanging on, I'm sorry for the scare," He gave us a weak smile and then walked away.

I felt Aurora relax more when she realized her mother wasn't dead, and I did too.

"Sorry," Aurora sniffled.

She leaned away from my chest and placed her head on her knees, which she had her arms wrapped around.

"I thought I lost her.." She sniffled some more, and her voice breaking in the process.

"Love, You didn't lose her. She is still here," I smiled softly at her while I tuck some of her long brown hair behind her ear.

"But I almost did Rylan, I almost lost her," She mumbled, lifting her head to look straight at me.

She searched my face for any reaction or emotion, but I know the only thing she can find is my sad smile.

I placed my thumb on her chin, and my index finger under her chin and I lightly pulled her lips to mine.

"You are so strong, and I am proud of you," I said as I pulled her back into my chest.

"You win," She groaned, causing me to chuckle.

"Yeah, You did. But not in a fair way," I shook my head, pulled her head to rest under my chin.

"What the hell happened here," Spencer trailed off.

"She flat lined," She mumbled, looking down at her hands while she played with My other free hand.

"Oh dear.. I'm sorry Aurora.. I really am," He trailed off, Not knowing what to say next.

"Worst part is, I never got to give her a chance," She let out a short chuckle, with no humour whatsoever.

"I umm.. Do you need anything?" He asked. "I could get you something or tell Mylah or something, Anything really, I just want to be here for you and help," He blurted. You can tell he doesn't know what to say or even do, it's funny, but this isn't the time to laugh.

"No, it's okay, I want Rylan and I to talk to her. But I need to get out of this hospital. Can you stay with her and tell her that Rylan and I are talking again, doesn't matter what you say after that," She mumbled again, and Spencer just nodded before walking towards the room.

"Come on, Let's go for a drive," I smiled softly, pulling her up to her feet with me.

We walked to my car, and then drove to the ice cream store, but she doesn't know that yet.

She leans on the car door, still fiddling with my right hand.

I don't mind, not at all honestly. It distracts her, and I love her touch. So honestly I love it when she does it.

"You know one day, There will be a ring on that finger you're playing with," I inform her.

Which I can tell not only makes her blush but also makes her smile.

"Oh yeah, Who will be the lucky girl?" She says teasingly.

"That's actually a really good question, I guess I am gonna have to wait to find
out," I shrug.

" Well when you do find out, tell her that she is a lucky girl, but don't forget
to tell her that I am the best girl you have ever been with," She smirks.

" I will tell her that, don't you worry," I chuckled.

God, this girl is something else.

"Good, and I will make sure to tell my future husband the same thing," She
giggles.

God, I love that girl. Everything about her, her laugh, her smile, the way she looks at me, and even her crying.

"No, make sure to tell them I was your first real love," I smirked. "No one can beat that,"

"Rylan, Don't be so full of yourself," She giggled, while patting me on the knee.

Then after that, no one said a thing. Aurora went back to fidgeting with my hand, and I went back to focusing on the road.

"Lets play a game," She perks up in the seat.

"Okay, what game?" I asked.

"I don't know, I spy?" She tilted her head, looking for a response to the game suggestion.

"Sure, I spy with my little eye a bitch," I smirked.

"Hey, that's not fair, I'm not a bitch," She points and assures her finger in my
face.

"Fine, a stunning girl, who I hope to have in my life for a long time," I say, causing the reaction I hoped for.

"Well sir, I don't know who your talking about but she must be lucky," She shrugged, pretending that she doesn't.

"I'm going to pretend like you didn't just ignore my comipment and keep driving in the direction of the ice cream store," I focus my eyes on the road, trying to make it hard for her to read my expression.

"That's cool," She shrugs.

"Ya sure okay, be a bitch then," I roll my eyes.