Chapter 28

Auroras POV
"Nathan, have you talked to Sarah or Rylan at all today?" I asked Nathan.

"No, You haven't either?" He replied.

"I've barely talked to them that much the past two days," I sighed.

"Weird," Nathan trailed off. "But I gotta head out, oh and Spencer said he is coming over around eleven,"

"Okay, thank you for telling me, Goodnight, Talk to you tomorrow," I smiled.

Nathan nodded and then left.

I then walked back to the room and dug through some of the books I bought and pulled out a book called 'Marked', book number 1 of 'A House Of Night Novel'.

I began to read it, and I got 50 pages into the book, but my reading was interrupted by the sound of someone knocking on the front door of the lake house that I've been staying at for a while now.

I got up and saw the back of someone's head, holding my favorite flowers. White and pink roses.

I open the front door and I am met with a familiar face.

Rylan.

"What- What are you doing here," My hands flew to my mouth and on Rylan's face a smile continuously grew.

"Thought I'd take a shot or two and come ask you a very stupid question that I never thought I'd ask anyone but I guess I am, even though I already know the answer," He smiled softly.

I walked Towards him slowly, and he handed me the flowers.

"Look at you, being a gentleman," I smirked.

I put the flowers down on the swing on the front deck and then stood on my tippy toes wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug.

"Aurora, will you go to the stupid prom with me?" He asked.

I immediately pulled away from the hug and took a few steps back.

My hands slid up my face and into my hair, in a form of showing I don't know how to put my answer into words.

"Rylan I-" I started, but he interrupted.

"I know you say you don't feel the same way, but we don't have to go as anything more than friends," He sighed with a small smile.

"I'm not saying that, because the truth is I don't know how I feel. I don't want to be in a relationship, or anything of the sort, because I don't want to get hurt, and I don't want to hurt anyone else," I start. "But you, there's something that everything in me wants, but in my mind, I'm scared," I say, trailing off in thought.

"Aurora, you don't have to-" Rylan attempted to say, but I cut him off.

"No, shut up. I am not done talking," I shout, not trying to sound rude but it did sound rude.

"I didn't know you, but you found something in me and noticed shit no one else could. I didn't want to be in another relationship after Hayden because of how toxic it was, but you never gave up on wanting me. You annoyed the crap out of me with your constant flirting," I chuckled.

"I felt like I could trust you before I even fully knew you, I felt like I could be myself with you, with you, I am starting to change my mind about the whole Relationship thing, because I believe everything will work out, but that doesnt mean Im not still scared and overthinking it all," I continued. "With you I really think I can learn to love, and not the fake shit that goes around. I think I can learn to fall in love, and it scares the hell out of me, and you have no idea," I laugh.

"I can be happy, You make me happy. It all started with you, So yeah I've been kinda lying to you about my feelings for you because I have no idea how I feel but I'm willing to learn," I sighed.