Chapter 2

"Aurora!!!" Mylah Screams with excitement. "Can we go get ice cream!?!"

The people Mylahs staying with are old friends of my moms. They have always been here for us because our dad was always busy and our mom left when Mylah was just a baby. So before we left our father We made a deal that whatever place we wanted to move to, we would all be there. So we did, but I didn't want to live with them. So I decided to rent an apartment with a bank account I've been saving up money in, for years.

" Of course we can go get ice cream but you have to ask Kelly and Milo first," I smiled.

She looks just like me and my mother, but I prefer to say she's my mini me.

She has brown hair, hazel eyes, our height, our smile. The only difference is her nose.

She then ran off and went back inside of her new home, and I slowly walked behind her.

"THEY SAID WE CAN GO!!!!" she screamed in excitement again.

We all laughed as she danced around with joy.

"Okay, now go get your shoes on," I laughed as I put my hand on her head.

She nodded and ran towards the door to put her shoes on.

"So has she talked to you guys about school yet?" I asked.

Today was also Mylah's first day at school. She's now in second grade, but she has social anxiety so I was a bit worried how it would be for her.

She is 7 years old and she is so smart. I'm proud of her.

"Come on sis, lets gooo," Mylah giggled.

Mylah grabbed my hand and dragged me outside.

We walked for about 30 minutes until we finally found an ice cream store.

"Can I have a chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream?!?!" She asked the worker with excitement.

"Of course sweetie," The worker replied.

Mylah did another one of her happy dances.

"What kind of ice cream do you want dear?" The worker asked me.

"Oh uhh, Can I just get Vanilla please," I smiled.

"Of course dear, is that all?" The worker asked again.

"Yes, thank you," I nodded.

I then got the ice cream and paid for it.

We walked around town and came across this bridge with a beautiful view of the ocean.

We Sat down on a bench and ate our ice cream as we watched the view.

" Ah, we meet again I see," Hayden scared us.

Mylah and I both screamed.

"God, you scared us," I laughed.

He then sat down on the bench next to us and watched the view of the ocean with us. I guess Mylah and I weren't the only ones who liked this view.

"Sis, remember when dad took us sailing for a week," Mylah reminded me.

That might be one of the only memories we share together.

Like me, Mylah and my dad were close. Until we started to grow up and he didn't have time for us anymore.

Ya, I was once A daddy's girl. Just like she was, but once she turned 5 it all changed.

That's when Mylah and I started getting closer as sisters. She was hurting because of my father's decisions. So I helped her pack her bags and I Packed my own. Then we left, and looked for a new home.

"Yeah," I chuckled sadly.

"You know, My father once took me on a sailing trip once too," Hayden blurted.

I looked at him with a look that said "Shut up." and so he did. He shut up.

"Soooooo," He says awkwardly. "How do you guys like it here so far?"

"We loveeeee it," Mylah snickered.

Hayden and I both laughed.

"It's getting dark out, so I gotta go get this little one home," I snickered.

When I am with her my mood and personality changes.

"Awwe, but I don't want to go homeeee," Mylah whined.

"Mylah, It is 8 and your bedtime is 8:30. So it's time to go home," I chuckled as I sat up.

"Let me walk you guys home," Hayden offered.

"Oh, no, it's okay," I replied awkwardly.

Shit, he's gonna question why I don't live with my sister.

"No I insist," He smiled.

I looked down and sighed. This is gonna be a long night.

I nodded in agreement.

"Awesome, so let's start walking," He rejoiced.

We talked for the whole walk, he picked up Mylah on his shoulders after a while, but as we got Mylah home I asked him to wait outside as I tucked her into bed.

"Hey sorry to keep you waiting, lets go," I exclaimed.

He looked confused but he continued to walk with me back to my apartment.

"I don't live with them, I live in an apartment by myself," I explained, which made his confused expression fade into realization.

We talked and got to know each other more.

"So wait, who is that Rylan guy in our English class?" I asked.

"Oh, I don't really know him. We don't talk that much at all, but he's in a lot of my classes," Hayden explained.

"Oh, so you don't know him," I laughed.

I thought they were close friends, But guess I was wrong because they don't even know each other I guess.

"He showed up at the school Last year," He blurted.

"Oh," I said, pausing.

As we stopped in front of my apartment building we laughed and talked, and honestly he's nice. Looks like I got myself another friend.

"Meet me tomorrow morning out here at 7:30, I will drive you to school," Hayden offered.

"Omg, That would be great. I wouldn't have to get on the bus, but why so early? School doesn't start until 9:30?" I asked.

"I wanna show you around the city, I mean after all this is North Carolina," He smirked proudly.

I laughed, This guy. He really is something.

"Anyways, you should probably go up and do whatever it is you do," Hayden laughed.

"Yeah, I probably should," I laughed with him.

" See you in the morning, new girl," He laughed as he turned around.

"Hey! No! Don't call me that," I laughed,begged,and whined all at once.

Hayden just continued to laugh as he walked away and waved goodbye.