Chapter 37

Auroras POV
    "Shit, Rylan wake up," Someone harshly whispered. "There are tons of black cars with tinted windows outside, I think he is here,"

    Rylan flinged up, causing me to lose confort.

    I groaned in annoyance, and without noticing I was already alone in the room, in a flash.

    Where'd he go in such a rush? I wouldn't know, but whatever it is, it must be important.

    "Guys what do we do?" Spencer whispered a little too loud.

    I get up out of bed and start making my way downstairs to see what all of the hustle was about, but little did I know, I look like I'm not wearing any pants. So when Rylan caught everyone staring at me, you can just sense the anger building up.

    "Sorry boys, not for you to see," I laughed awkwardly.

    Rylan turned back around and walked out of the house.

    "Someone explain what's going on here?" I yawn, but no one even needed to say anything, Because the moment I took a look outside and saw what Rylan was getting himself into I ran out there after him.

    Then in a blink of an eye, He's gone. He's no longer in sight.

"Get in," I hear someone demand.

"Do as he says, you will be fine, just trust me," Rylan says afterwards.

I do as I'm told, but who is this person? He looks familiar. Do I know him?

"I'm Rylan's father, I hear you're the girlfriend?" He says with a sly smirk.

I immediately tense up, why did rylan bring me into a car with a guy who abused him for years.

I glared.

Without even noticing I glared at the man in front of me. Who does he fucking think he is.

    "He is most definitely not my father, hes like a father figure though," Rylan explained.

    "Ya ya whatever, I need to talk to you guys though," The man rolled his eyes. "They are dead, Both of them. Rylan, I found out from a friend that 2 years ago your father got his house shot at, and he was in it. And.. What's your name?" The guy asked.

    "Aurora, what's yours," I shot back.

    "Jonas, anyways. Ima call you Rory for short," He smiled. " You father was the reason your mom and little sister are in the hospital, and I guess someone you know found out about that and killed him. If I am right, it was a boyfriend,"

    Time freezes.

    He's dead?

    Mom has a boyfriend?

    My father tried to kill them?..

    My mom is in the hospital dying because of me..

    Why does it all feel so rushed.. This isn't how things are meant to go, is it?

    "Why does everything feel like it's going too fast?" I mumbled, with overwhelming confusion.

    "Because now we don't have to worry about our fathers," he chuckled, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

    "It feels too easy, Rylan," I look him straight in the eye, speaking nothing but the truth.

    Then it hit him. The realization.

    "How did you find all of this information out?" I spoke up to Jonas.

    "A buddy of mine told me, why?" Jonas raised an eyebrow.

    "Drive us to the hospital, NOW!!" Rylan shouted in demand.

    So Jonas drove, He drove as fast as he could.

    We all chased Rylan into the hospital  the moment we pulled into the hospital parking lot, but I took a shortcut to where he's going.

    I ran Up the stairs and through the halls, even managing to borrow a police officer's gun without being noticed.

    I ran. I ran with everything in me, because I may not know what the hell is going on and why Rylan needed to get here so urgently, I know that it's not good. And no matter what, I will never let any harm be done to my baby sister.

    I made it to her Floor, I shoved my way through a crowd of people. That just so happens to be around the room beside hers.

    "Stop!" I yelled, once I caught sight of someone walking into her room. "I swear to god, I will shoot!" I screamed.

    "My dear daughter, You won't do such a thing, not to your father and especially not around all these people," He chuckled.

    "For her, I would do anything. You tried to kill your own fuckimg kids, and even the women you married years ago!" I yelled, holding the gun up more.

    "You're Lopez my dear daughter, what do you expect," He shrugged.

    "Oh shut up!" I yelled. " Ya, I am a fuckimg Lopez, But i am nothing like you, because I would never betray my fucking family, but I would if it meant protecting my baby sister, so dont think i wont pull this trigger," I Respond with heat in my voice.

    "Young lady, put the gun down!" I hear a police officer say from behind me.

    "I'm not the bad guy,  he is!" I told the police officer. "Ryan Lopez, the guy who ran that little girl and my mother off of the road, the man who is just coming back for more. The man who deserves to be lying in a fucking bed, dead," I yelled pointing to Mylah.

    "She's telling the truth," Rylan ran, hunching down. Out of breath.

    The police officer searched our forms and expressions for the truth.

    "Ma'am put the gun down," the police officer sighed.

    Then from behind Rylan, Jonas ran and pulled the trigger of his gun, aiming right for him. My father.

    He fell, his knees breaking beneath him as he landed on the floor.

    Jonas smiled at me and placed the gun on the table and his hands in the air. The police officer tackled Jonas to the ground, arresting him for the possible muder of Ryan Lopez, the father of two, and the world's most dangerous Mafia man.

    And throughout all of this drama, Mylah is still asleep.
    After talking to the police officer about it all he decided to let me go.

So I walked into Mylahs room and laid down beside me, pulling her into my arms.

    "You are safe now, we are safe," I mumbled into her head.