Chapter 35

Auroras POV
"Hey, it's okay," Rylan placed his hands on either side of my face and searched my eyes for understanding.

"I know, but what if I don't get my chance to get to know her again?!?" I panicked, moving out of his grasp and Pacing around our bedroom.

"Aurora, Calm down," He sighed.

"Rylan, I don't want Mylah to have to lose her mother all over again," I ran a hand up the sides of my face and threw my hair.

Rylan pulled me into a hug and wouldn't let go no matter how much I fought it. I didn't want to just stand there, I needed to move around, I needed to get them off my mind.

I manage to pull away from him and take a few steps back before thinking and walking back to him and wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him into a kiss.

"What was that for?" He asked.

"I needed to calm down, and I like kissing you," I sigh, hiding my head into his neck. "So I distracted myself with you lips,"

"You.. you're a bitch," He chuckled.

Then he kneeled down and placed both of his hands on the back of my thighs pulling me up and wrapping my legs around him.

"You lucky I like having your lips on mine and I hate when you're upset," Rylan let out a short chuckle, probably rolling his eyes as well.

" You mean a lot to me, and I mean that," I smile into his neck.
"Well. I would Have never thought to hear you say that before," He chuckled. "You should get some sleep,"

I yawned, shaking my head at the suggestion. "No, I'm not going to sleep, I'm not tired," I tried to fib, but it is very obvious how tired I am.

"Aurora, Stop lying," He chucked.

"I'm not lying, I'm not tired," I mumbled.

"Love, You are yawning repeatedly into my neck. And if you were to look me right in the eyes I would be able to fully tell that you are tired," He sighs, as he walks towards the bed, and crawls into it.

"I'm not tired," I mumbled again as He adjusted the blankets onto us and I got into a comfortable position.

"Yes, you are. Just go to sleep, I will still be here when you wake up," Rylan signed.

"Fine, but don't let me sleep long, I don't care if it is 9 o'clock at night, I will sleep later," I mumbled, closing my eyes and adjusting my head and arm on His chest.

"We both know I'm gonna let you sleep through the night, so don't even bother fighting back, just go to sleep," He chuckled.

"You're annoying," I mumbled.

"And you are beautiful," He kissed my forehead and tightened his arms around me.

"See, Annoying, I call you a mean name and you complement me, who does that," I jerk my head up to look him in the eyes, pointing a finger in his face.

"I do, now go to bed before I change my mind," He mumbled, his voice scratchy.

I groaned, but did as he said, soon falling asleep to the sound of his breathing.

____________________________

The feeling of being in Rylan's arms may just be the best feeling ever. They make me feel safe, He makes me feel safe.

"You know, I don't think there is anywhere else I would rather be than here, with you," I mumbled, causing him to pull me closer to him.

"I wouldn't want you anywhere else either," He mumbled against my hair.

"You make me feel safe," I looked up at him, immediately regretting what I just said. "Wow, we are being very cheesy and cridgy today," I let out a short laugh.

"Will you shut up, I am trying to relax before you change your mind and drag me out of bed," He groaned.

"Well, someone is grumpy," I giggle.

"Well no shit, Maybe if you didn't wake me up by thinking you were dying, twice. I wouldn't be grumpy," He retorted.

"Well for one, There was a damn spider on the wall, It could have killed us, and i Didnt want you to die and for two," I attempted to say but am cut off by the sound of Rylan clearing his throat.

"Yeah, sure. You didn't want it to kill us but yet you made ME kill it," He said lazily.

"Well I'm sorry, You're dating a girl who hates spiders," I huff.

"Yeah, and Two You choked on your damn water like the idiot you are," He said, finishing what I was saying.

I wiggle my way out of his arms and narrow my eyes at him.

"You choke on your water like an idiot, don't give me that look," He chuckled lowly and tiredly.

"I can't help it!" I throw my hands up into the air in defeat.

"Doesn't make you any less of an idiot," He shrugged.

"You're an ass, I aint cuddling you no more, You're getting the silent treatment," I narrowed my eyes at him, then I threw the blankets off of me and got out of the bed, walking into the closet grabbing clothes and then going to get ready for the day.

Rylan just rolled over in the bed and went back to bed.

Obviously he doesn't care, and he doesn't believe that I will last a while this time.

He can just wait and see.

__________________________________

5 hours have passed and it is now 3pm, And I haven't said a single word or paid any attention to Rylan sense this morning.

"Okay, seriously how much longer are you gonna ignore me? You didn't even drive with me you, You got picked up by Spencer," Rylan groaned.

"Yeah, when are you gonna speak to him again," Mylah giggled while I sat down on her bed handing her the ice cream I just bought her.

"I can and will take that ice cream and eat it," I narrowed my eyes on her.

"Hey, no. You will not, that is her ice cream," Rylan said while sitting down on the chair behind me.

"Yeah, My ice cream," Mylah repeated.

"Nope," I grabbed the ice cream and made a run for it down the hallway.

Rylan chased after me while Mylah yelled "That's not fair, You know I can't run after you," Which made it all even more funny.

Then as I ran all the way down the hallway, By my mothers room. Her Mondeter started flat lining.

No..

Rylan and I stood there frozen, 4 feet left between us.

"No.." I trailed off, while Nurses and doctors ran into her room.

I was so zoned out I didn't realize I backed up into the wall across the hall.

"She.. No.." I shook my head while more and more tears made their way onto my face.

I slipped down the wall until my hands were wrapped around my knees.

"Aurora.." Rylan slid down the wall beside me, staring at me with glassy eyes.

He then pulled me into his arms, holding me there while I cried into his shoulder. The nurses closed the door and closed the curtains so now I can't hear or see what's going on, all I know is that my mother.. Is dead..