Chapter 34

Aurora is a mess, she's worried about her sister.

    Spencer Is keeping an eye on them while Aurora and I are back at the lake house, but we haven't talked much. She's avoiding me.

    "Rylan," She mumbled to me.

    "What's up?" I smile softly at her.

    Then without saying a word she flipped over in the bed and moved towards me, placing her head on my chest.

    "I'm sorry for getting mad at you for not liking my suggestion. I should've expected that to be your reaction," She sighed, while tracing circles with her finger.

    "What was that other thing you said to me that day?" I asked with a smirk on my face, looking at the top of her head.

Aurora sat up onto her elbow and looked up at me.

"I want to be your girlfriend," she rolled her eyes and smiled shyly, waiting for me to say something.

"Yeah, You know I would love to be able to call you my girlfriend," I chuckled.

"Thank god, I was starting to think you did not agree, It was starting to scare me," She giggled.

I placed my hands on each side of her hips and pulled her directly on top of me. Then moving my hands from her hips to her back, wrapping my arms around her.

"You know, I am very glad you changed your mind about that, you wanna know why?" I questioned.

"Why?" She sits up and searches my face for expression.

    "Because it shows that you care about me," I smirk.

    "Hey, Shut up, I do care about you, asshole," She pointed an assuring finger in my face.

    "Yeah, but how would I know that you weren't just doing any of this out of pity?" I questioned, Trying now to make it sound like I'm accusing her of not caring, cause trust me, I know she cares.

    "Are you accusing me of not caring about you?" She looks at me, surprised.

    "No, I definitely am not, I promise, I just.. You never know what really goes through someone's mind, it was just a thought, I know you care," I sigh.

    "Good," She mumbled.

    "How's Mylah?" I asked.

    "You saw how she is, You saw how all of them are. And from what I heard, it wasn't an accident. Who would purposely run someone off the road?" Aurora stressed, while she collapsed on top of me.

    "I hate to say it, but was it your father?" I trailed off.

    "I.. I wish I could say no, but truth be told I possibly could have been.

    I kissed the top of her head and we continued to sit in silence for a bit.

    Then an Idea popped into my head, one that Aurora definitely wouldn't like. But I do it anyway.

    I began to tickle her, scaring her. Causing her to jump up a yelp.

    She squirmed under my hands as I continued to tickle her, also causing giggles to escape from her.

    "Ok ok stop," She begged, while still in a fit of laughter.

    I chuckle at her surrender and kiss the side of her head while wrapping my arms around her again.

"Rylan, we gotta go back to the hospital," Aurora whined.

    "No, you are sleeping for a little bit," I demanded, trapping Aurora in place. "We have been at the hospital all week. You need to sleep in a proper bed, and you need a shower. Oh and brush your teeth while you're at it," I chuckled. "Because your breath stinks,"