[Chapter 8]

JJ's POV:

"Why don't we go to a bar and celebrate?" Morgan asks with a laugh.

"If we're drinking count me in," Emily states enthusiastically.

I had grown to love Emily, she was a great person. She really brought light to our Girl's Nights, which used to only be Penelope and I.

"I'll definitely be there!" I laugh.

"My cell phone will be off! Do not call me drunk," Gideon warns before he heads towards the elevator.

"Did you guys know that if you drink 12.3 liters of vodka you could end up suffering from methyphobia, which is the fear of alcohol," Spence smiles, proud of himself.

"No, Spence I did not know that," I couldn't help but laugh more.

"Pretty boy, as much as I like to drink off duty, I'm never gonna drink that much vodka," Morgan replies.

"So are you in or what?" Emily asks him.

"Oh, I'm in alright. Only because it's a Friday though," he responds.

"What about boss man? Emily can you ask him?" Morgan questions.

"Sure," she calls back, she had already made it up the stairs.

She comes back down with a frown.

"He's not coming, but we should head out before the bars become even more crowded," She states.

We all get in different cars—our own cars and follow Morgan to a bar. Spence is the last to arrive. We re-group before we enter the large bar, lit with neon lights. I can already tell I'll have a major hangover tomorrow.

"Woo," Morgan shouts over the loud music.

"Morgan, this is more of a club than a bar," Emily yells back.

"Eh, same thing," he smirks.

We make our way to the bar within the club and order drinks.

"How about eight shots of tequila to start off?" Morgan requests.

The waiter pours four shots, handing two to each of us. We down one, then the other.

"Could we get eight shots of straight vodka as well?" I ask the bartender.

I smile at Spence, making a joke at the earlier statement.

"Haha, very funny JJ," he gives a light laugh.

The bartender comes back with eight shots, once again giving each of us two. I down them both, as I begin to feel tipsy.

"It's hitting me now," Emily laughs.

"Me as well," I announce.

"Another round of tequila, eight shots?" Emily asks.

We all nod as the bartender does as we wish. Over the span of an hour, we had two shots of vodka and 4 shots of tequila. I begin to feel sluggish, but lean my head on Spence for comfort. I think about our failed date we went on last year. I couldn't believe I brought Penelope along.

"I love you," I say quietly.

Spence looks down at me. His eyes wide.

"What?"

"Spencer, you heard me," I reply.

His eyes soften, causing him to smile. I lean upwards and kiss his lips, I taste the alcohol. I don't mind it. The kiss begins to intensify, I slip my tongue in as he does the same. I let a moan slip out, causing me to pull away in shock.