[Chapter 26]

Hotch's POV:

I wake up to my beeping alarm. I groan, pulling the white sheets over my head. Seconds later I hear my phone ringing. I pick it up, looking at the caller Id.

"Well fuck my morning," I mumble.

I answer it.

"Hello Strauss?" I say in my best 'awake voice'.

"Yes, Aaron. I wanted to inform you will not to show up today. Since Agent Prentiss is back I'd like everyone to take the day off. I'd also like to do team evaluations tomorrow. I realize Agent Jareau is pregnant. If I'm not mistaken, the father is another one of our agents, Dr. Reid? I will also need to see if those two still work properly," she announces.

I let of a breath of relief.

"Yes ma'am, you are correct and I will make sure my team knows about today. Thank you for this," I reply.

"Don't worry, there will be plenty of cases for you when your back," I hear the content in her voice.

"Right, once again thank you very much," I hang up.

Work

No work for today, enjoy the time off

Morgan: Got it

Garcia: 👍🏼

Emily: Good, I need to look for a new apartment

Reid: JJ and I thank you

Dave: I'll be trying a new pasta recipe if anyone wants to come to my mansion

I smile at the responses, especially Emily's. I ponder whether to ask her on a date. I know it's really soon, but it would be the perfect time.

Emily

I wanted to know if you'd like to eat? I hear there's this really nice restaurant named Perry's

I'd love to, but I really need to look at apartments

Just as I was about to put away my phone, I get another text. 'I could could use some help though'. I smile and send her my address. Twenty minutes later, there's a knock at my door. I look through the peep-hole to see Emily. I quickly open it, letting her in. I stand there awkwardly, not knowing if I should hug her or kiss her plump lips. She must've caught my gaze. Next thing I know her lips meet mine. She pulls away before it intensifies.

"Thanks for having me over. It's nice to get away from those two love birds," she laughs.

"They can't be that bad?" I half question.

"Oh, there bad all right. They keep me up half the night. They probably think their quiet," she shakes her head.

"That was more than I needed to know," I loose my smile as Emily's continues.

"Anyways, I had a few apartments in mind," she begins.

I lead her to the couch while she pulls out her computer.

"This one has two bedrooms, one bathroom. It's 865 square feet. It's also been recently renovated," she shows the pictures.