[Chapter 39]

Emily's POV:

"Because the locations are not symbolically significant, we believe that these attacks are personal," Aaron speaks to the crowd of officials.

"Understanding the significance of these locations will be the key to identifying him," I add.

"This personal element strongly indicates a home-grown terrorist," Rossi informs.

"Like the Amerithrax case, we believe this is someone from the science or defense community," Morgan refers to a case that happened years earlier.

"That's why your here. We think you may know him, he may be one of us," Aaron nods.

"These home-grown terrorists are myopic zealots, ideologues that believe that their work is of the greatest importance," Alex announces.

"He may have preached about the threat of an attack on America," Rossi explains.

"His coworkers would describe him as histrionic, paranoid, secretive," Morgan says.

"All due respect, that's a little vague," and official counters.

"What are we supposed to do with something that generic?" Another one speculates.

"Sir, we're not finished yet. He may have logged excess hours at work in the past weeks preparing for the attack. We believe he's taken the full dosage of Anthrax vaccines over the recommended 18-month schedule and had yearly boosters," Aaron dismisses.

"This guy has his own work space where he makes his product in privacy. He also has access to large, expensive, industrial-grade equipment at work," I pick up.

"He's written about the threats of Anthrax attacks, published papers. Yet he feels no one is listening and that angers him," Rossi tells.

"Now, he may have recently experienced some sort of professional humiliation, like being demoted or fired. Now, that would have been his trigger, the moment he decided to go rogue," Morgan offers.

"And he may have betrayed his loved ones to his cause. He may be recently separated or divorced," Aaron vocalizes.

"This is somebody who knows every detail of the 2001 Anthrax attack and has talked about what that suspect did right or wrong. He's watching the news very closely to see how the country reacts," Alex speaks up.

"Please share this with your departments. Thank you," Aaron finishes.

"Where's Reid?" I whisper to Morgan.

"He's still at the hospital, why?" He replies.

"Does JJ know what's going on?" I wonder.

"I'm sure Garcia has told her by now," he gives me a light laugh.

"I think I'm gonna go in there for awhile if you need me. Keep me updated ok," I say before I walk away.

*time skip*

"We're at a man named Nicolas' house. Dave and Alex were sent to his office at work. We don't have anything right now," Morgan says over Garcia's speaker.

"Got it muscles, keep us updated," Garcia chirps.

"You know you don't have to stay in here Em," JJ sighs.

"They don't even need me right now. Why shouldn't I get to spend time with my favorite niece?" I begin playing peek-a-boo with Lily.

"Well I want to know when it's my turn since I'm the favorite aunt?" Garcia smirks.

"Who says your the favorite aunt," I give a sarcastic eye roll.

"Uh, Lily," Garcia says as if it's obvious.