[Epilogue]

[Lily is 1 year; Alana is 35 weeks (8 3/4 months); Noah is 20 weeks (5 months)]

Emily's POV:

It's been four weeks since the Scratch case, three weeks since I came out of the coma he had put me in, and two weeks since I've been home and able to see my family again. To say I'm relieved would be an understatement. I feel free again. No longer restricted. No longer living in fear everyday of my life. I lay awake at three in the morning watching Aaron. I know how creepy it must sound, but it all feels surreal. There has been so many nights where I've had dreams like this, and when I woke up, I was inconsolable. Without realizing what I'm doing, I lean in and kiss his lips. Immediately he awakens, obviously startled.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I shriek.

"Em, it's okay. I just wasn't expecting that," he assures me, "what are you doing still awake?"

"I'm scared that if I fall asleep, you'll be gone again," I admit.

"I'm not gonna leave you. I plan on spending the rest of my life with you and our beautiful baby girl," He smiles.

"And I plan on doing the same," I reciprocate the expression.

"Plus, I don't think I could take Alana away from you if I wanted to. You two are attached at the hip. I'm surprised you don't insist on sleeping in the crib beside her," he jokes.

"Aaron! That's not funny," I slap his arm a bit playfully.

"You should have seen her in the hospital though," he turns serious, "for the first two days I didn't let her see you because I was worried, but Morgan and Garcia convinced me to let her in, and boy am I glad I did. Her smile was the biggest it's ever been and she wouldn't let us take her more than two feet away from you," He stares at the ceiling while talking.

"I've done so much to traumatize her," I whisper.

"What was that?" Aaron questions, not hearing my statement.

"Maybe she should be taken from me. Nothing I've done was good for her, my mother was right in the beginning," I hold in my tears.

"Emily, nothing could have been done to prevent that. We did the safest thing we could for her. She is okay and that is all because of you," He hugs me.

I nod, but don't quite agree with his statement. I did however, never want anything to happen to her again. All I can wish for is for us to always be together.

Short, I know! I just felt this story should come to an end. I may have dragged it on for too long already, but that's for you guys to decide! Anyways make sure to read the next chapter with some important information!!!

483 words