[Chapter 35]

[One week after the baby is born]

JJ's POV:

I wake up to Spence kissing my lips.

"Good morning?" I ask.

"Yes. It's a very good morning!" He says happily.

"Is this because we can go home with Lily?" I question slyly.

"If the doctors give the ok," he reminds.

"I know. I know," I sigh.

I sit up. Spence was already dressed in black pants, a white button up and a grey vest. I stand to get my own clothes. I grab a grey shirt with stretchy black leggings. I head to the bathroom with Spence behind me. I look in the mirror at my stomach, my baby might be out, but the fat remained.

"JJ, it will go away," he gives me a hug.

"It's just so ugly," I lean back into him.

"No, it's healthy. It'll go away in a month or two," he promises.

"I know..." I slip on my shirt.

I then replace my pajama pants with my leggings.

"Do you think she'll be able to come home today? I'm tired of living in a hospital. Not to mention we left Emily to care for our house," I become anxious.

"Emily said she was fine with it, she wants to help with Lily. We just have to hope for the best when Dr. Hanson comes in," he replies.

I smile.

"I love you so much," I kiss him a long passionate kiss on the lips.

I feel a moan escape my lips.

"Hey, last time we had sex your water broke," he jokes.

"Not funny Spence," I try to be blunt but end up grinning.

*time skip*

Spence and I had been watching an episode of Grey's Anatomy when my doctor came. I immediately shut it off and turn all attention towards her.

"Miss Jareau! You seem to be doing great," she says with a smile.

"I am! And I hope to be doing better shortly," I hint at Lily.

"I see the eagerness on your face so I won't keep you guessing. Lily already weighs 4 pounds and 6 ounces, which is extremely good since she weighed-" Spence cuts her off.

"2 pounds and 7 ounces at birth... sorry," He says dismissively.

"Right," Dr. Hanson grins, "she is also gaining the vitamins and minerals that a non premature baby would have. We did a screening, there seems to be no health concerns. Overall she is doing extremely well," she announces.

"So..." I say aloud.

"Yes, you may take Lily home today," she smiles.

I let out a breath I was unaware I had been holding. I reach for Spence and cling to him. I feel happier than ever.

"Are you planning on breastfeeding?"

"I am," I nod.

"I'd like her to stay on the bottle for now, but hopefully by our next checkup we can start on that. I'd also like you to keep her mostly swaddled, she needs to preserve body heat, but don't let her become overheated," she explains.

"I have a friend that is staying over at the moment. Would she be ok around Lily?" I ask hopefully.

"I'd limit visitors to around two people at a time, not including yourselves. If your friend is staying over I'd also like her to come in so we can be sure she has no illnesses," Dr. Hanson continues.