[Chapter 89]

[Lily is 45 weeks (11 1/4 months); Alana is 22 weeks (5 1/2 months); Noah is 7 weeks (1 3/4 months)]

Emily's POV:

I walk in with Aaron, I've come to work since the beginning of the week, but today is the first day I finally go back to case work.

"Do you really think Lana will be okay with a sitter?" I worry.

"She's been with Rachel all week. Both JJ and Reid have used her as well so she'll be in good hands. I know it's scary, I don't want to leave her either but we knew it would happen eventually," Aaron kisses my forehead for comfort.

I sigh, entering the doors of the BAU.

"Look who's ready for action," Morgan teases.

I just smile in response, it sure did feel good to be back.

Rossi comes and pulls Aaron aside.

"What do you know?" Garcia questions me.

"What? I don't know anything. Why?" I ask concerned.

"Rossi got here like super early and he did not have a good look about him. Look at the face he's giving Hotch," she points through the office window.

I watch Aaron's facial expressions, curious and concerned about what might be happening. I see his face tense further and he looks my way. I watch his eyes turn glassy. He looks almost guilty and apologetic, but scared at the same time. They talk for a few more minutes, exchanging glances and looking at papers. After what seems like hours, the two emerge and motion is towards the round-table room. I keep eyeing Aaron, trying to figure out what could be happening, but he avoids my gaze.

"Okay okay, what going on?" Garcia freaks.

Both Rossi and Aaron look at one another before Rossi sighs.

"It's Hotch," Rossi answers.

"Aaron? What's wrong?" I panic.

"I have to go away into witness protection," He answers.

"What, Aaron! What are you talking about?" I shout.

"Emily not here. I'll talk to you privately," he sighs.

"Hotch has been sent pictures of himself in the office, in the field, and even at his own apartment... some with Peter Lewis in the background," Rossi looks towards me apologetically before speaking again, "this has been happening for the past two weeks. We had begun an investigation on the matter, but it was just until we got this last photo we realized how serious it was," Rossi looks away from me.

I bubble with anger. How could this be going on for two whole weeks and he not tell me about it. How could he put himself at danger like that. Just I I begin to yell at Aaron, I see the latest picture that had been sent. The picture is of him holding Alana. He's at his own apartment, with the duffel bag he uses to bring over clothes. I try to hold in my tears of anger as I speak.

"Aaron, get the hell in your office right now," I say as calmly as possible, but the tears slip out.

"Em," I hear Garcia whisper, but I skip past her, dragging Aaron into his office.

Once I shut the door, I spin around to face him.

"What the hell Aaron! What the actual fuck were you thinking?! I get that you can't tell me everything because I'm your superior, but the fact that you put yourself, me, and our CHILD at risk is something you WILL speak with me about. I don't give a fuck about what you are told, you will tell me stuff like this! HOW COULD YOU EVEN KEEP SOMETHING LIKE THIS FROM ME?! How could you look me in the eyes while I'm holding our child! How could you even touch me, or have fucking sex with me KNOWING it could be seen by that fucking bastard?! HE KNOWS ABOUT ALANA AND YOU FUCKING SAID NOTHING TO ME!! WHAT IF SHE WAS TAKEN AGAIN FOR SOMETHING YOU DIDN'T TELL ME. IT'S LIKE FOYET ALL OVER AGAIN AARON!" I yell.

"Emily. Calm down for a minute. I have an three agents on the way to get Alana-" I cut him off.

"Calm down? CALM DOWN?! YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO TELL ME TO CALM DOWN WHEN A SERIAL KILLER, WHO HAS EVADED THE AUTHORITIES MULTIPLE TIMES AND HAS BEEN TAUNTING THE FBI FOR MONTHS, KNOWS WHERE OUR CHILD IS? AND YOU'VE BEEN LETTING ME LEAVE HER AT THE HOUSE ALL WEEK WITH A DAMN STRANGER! NO, YOU DON'T GET TO TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!" I seethe, breathing heavily as I try and catch my breath.

Out of anger and disbelief, I begin crying again. The pain in my chest doesn't go away as I wait for Aaron to talk.

"Emily, if I had known he'd find out about Alana I would have told you as soon as I found out. I promise you I would have distanced myself. You need to know he doesn't know where you live or where Alana truly lives. The second he finds out we will have you moved or put into witness protection with Alana and I," I taken in his last words.

I hadn't even thought about how I'd be away from the two of them.

"So you're telling me Alana is just gonna grow up without her mother? We don't even know how long you'll be gone for! She may not even remember me depending on how long you're gone! And what about us Aaron?! You wanted more kids! I wanted more kids! Aaron I'm—" I'm cut off by my own sobbing.

"Emily, I won't let her forget about you, and we will have more kids and there is so much more we will do because I know you will catch him. You all will. The investigation is already open, the files will be accessible to you and you can begin looking into it as soon as I leave. You and Rossi will have contact me but you cannot tell anyone else. I've also promoted you to Unit Chief while I'm gone. I promise everyone, and everything will be okay," He says in a soothing voice.

I walk over to him, laying my head on his chest. I continue sobbing, praying, wishing it was all just a horrible dream. I hear the knock at the door but I don't move and I don't stop. I see a blurry Penelope holding Alana. Aaron moves me towards the door, closing it behind us. I find myself reaching for Alana, hugging her tightly once she's in my arms. I feel numb, but the tears still glide over my cheeks. I stand there, holding my daughter. Nobody says a word. Nobody moves. Nobody does anything. We only stand there, waiting for the inevitable, that is, until I feel myself crashing.

So... what do we think? Yes once again, I have ripped them apart. I mean it can't always be sunshine and rainbows, plus the names of the book says it all. Anyways, enjoy the chapter!! <3

1173 words