[Chapter 68]

[Emily is 34 weeks (8 1/2 months); JJ is 21 weeks pregnant (5 1/4 months); Lily is 23 weeks old (5 3/4 months)]

*This also takes place simultaneously from the last chapter*

Emily's POV:

I sit on the couch watching The Godfather. Going a whole 2 and a half weeks off from work had been more exhausting than work it's self. I take in a deep breath as another one of my Braxton Hicks Contraction occurs. I'd already had many today, but Dr. Green said they would occur more frequently the closer I got to my due date. I pause the movie and stand up, trying to walk around. JJ had given me tips that it would help some. When the pain finally subsides, I sit down to continue my movie.

*time skip*

Within the next 30 minutes, another one comes. I groan in frustration as I make my way to the bedroom. I spot Aaron's shirt on the floor. I carefully pick it up and throw it in the dirty clothes as I open the closet to grab a fluffy towel. I make my way into the bathroom and turn on the faucet, I check to make sure the water is heating before I begin to strip my clothing. I slowly lower myself into the tub, hoping I don't fall. The hot water soothes my achy lower back and abdomen. I massage my lower stomach hoping to knead out the pain. I relax to the calming music, feeling sleepy as I shut my eyes. I spend the next hour enjoying the heat of the water. Eventually it becomes cold, telling me it's time to get out. I grab the towel, wrapping it around my body. I lean over to let the water drain. I walk into my room and grab some stretchy black yoga plants and a soft grey t-shirt. I put on dark blue panties before pulling on the clothes. I re-enter the living room. With The Godfather not being able to grab my attention, I decide on something else. I open Netflix and begin watching Private Practice. Not long into the show, I fall asleep.

*time skip*

I wake up to the pain.

"Can't you just let mommy have a break today?!" I groan in frustration.

I put my hand over my bump and begin to rub, hoping to calm the baby down. In response however, I get a kick right where my hand is.

"Huh, stubborn already and you aren't even born yet! I can't blame you, both your parents are pretty headstrong too," I let out a laugh.

I see my phone on the floor so I pick it up. I must have knocked it off the couch when I was sleeping.

1 missed message from Aaron Hotchner ❤️

Aaron

I think the case will be over by tonight, hopefully I'll be home by 12:30. Don't stay up for me okay? Get your sleep. I love you ❤️

Okay, our little creature and I love you too ❤️

I smile , the case had been long, he'd been gone for a little over a week. I sit back up and rewind the show to when I last remembered it playing. Another 15 minutes later, I feel the sharp pain again.

"Shit," I mumble as it continues, "you know what, I think it's bedtime," I look at the clock that displays 8:17.

I make my way towards the bed. I crawl in on Aaron's side hoping I'll get better sleep.

*time skip*

"Fuck!" I scream out.

This was about the 4th Braxton Hicks Contraction I had in the past hour. I tried to sleep through the past three, but the pain wouldn't allow for it.