Chapter 31

~Hi! Lovely to be here with you all! I know it's been over a month since I updated the story and I'm sorry about that. Life got busy and I had access to my computer. Though the support for the story really is keeping me motivated so thank you all for sticking with me. Thank you for 38k! Anyways here we go!~

~No time skip ;-;~

          A crow lands on my shoulder snapping me out of my mental break. One of Phil's crows. It rubs its beak against my head trying to comfort me. "hey there little fellow. It's okay. It's okay." The words were more for me than it. I notice it has a letter on its ankle. Opening the letter it informs me Techno should be coming of hibernation any time now. I throw the letter to the side. I can't be thinking of this right now. 

         Sadly, I look down at the photos in my hand. Seeing Tommy so full of life not knowing what would happen so soon afterward. Do I curse my children to die young? No that's not possible. Just breathe. I need Phil right now but I can't. I have to get Dream to bring him back. At any cost. Tommy needs to be able to live his life. 

 ~Time Skip to a few days later(They're back!)~

         Sleep isn't an option anymore I'm too busy planning my visit. I need to be prepared for anything. I don't know what will happen in there but I have to be prepared. Restlessness settles in my soul. A sharp knock stops my thoughts. I turn to the door and watch as it is thrown open. A worried looking snow covered Phil frantically looks for me. 

         Feeling shameful for my state I hide under one of the booth tables. I watch as he searches every nook and cranny of the bar. "Y/N! Where are you?! Are you okay?!" How long had I been like this? An hour? A day? A few days? I had no clue but it was enough to worry Phil. I let out an unintentional sigh. Then the room is silent.

         Phil darts toward me. I had been caught. He bends down the look under the table. I quickly cover my face in an attempt to not let him see how bad my state has been. "Y/n?" His voice is quiet. Shuffling is heard before I feel a tug at my arm silently asking me to stop covering my face. I resist but his his constant tugging makes me give up. I remove my arms from my face and look at Phil and his worried expression. 

        He places a hand on my face the warmth is comforting. "Y/n what happened? You look tired and sick." I look away. "I haven't really been sleeping. I just got busy" Phil's face reminds me of a disappointed father. "What's wrong? Your bar isn't open so I know that isn't what keeps you busy. What is happening talk to me please." Tears slip my eyes. "Have you not heard?" "Heard what?" 

         "Tommy is dead Phil."

      Phil's expression turns bitter. Then he responds. "No way. He can't die" "Sam told me outside the prison Phil." He shakes his head in denial. "I don't believe it he was around just a bit ago when we got married." I look down at the photos in my hand along with the letter. His eyes follow mine. HIs eyes glaze over but he wipes it away and composes himself. "He's gone Phil..." He picks up the family photo. Staring at the picture remembering the event and trying to imagine Tommy not being around anymore. "How did it happen?" I hold his hand in an attempt to comfort him. "Dream beat him to death."       

      "Don't worry Phil I'm gonna fix this. I'm gonna go get Dream to get him back. I swear it'll work!" Getting out from under the table I stand and gather my papers from the doodles I had been inadvertently drawing. This papers also had my plan written out even if it was just go the prison and get Tommy back I still felt the need to write it. Phil tugs my hand tries to get me to sit back down. "Phil I have no time I have to go. I promise I'll have him back as soon as possible." Phil looks at me with sad eyes. "This is why you never responded to my letter? This is why you have not been sleeping? Y/n why didn't you tell me I would have been here quicker. Y/n Dream is dangerous he just killed Tommy! What will he do to you?" Shaking my head in defiance I respond. "This is important to me I need to bring him back. I was too busy thinking about what to do. Also, I will be fine I'm not afraid of Dream!" 

      Phil stands and stares down at me. "Y/n it's not safe you can't go there." Glaring I keep strong to my plan. "You won't stop me. I have to do this. We already lost one! I refuse to let this one slip through my fingers" I yank my hand away and storm out. I high tail it to the prison. I'm on a mission to bring him back now. I ignore Phil's calls for me. I can't rely on him to support me on this right now. He'll see I can do it. Nothing else matters. 

      Flashing images of Wilbur and Tommy play through my mind. Both black and white like an old film that is going bad. I can't let them both slip away. 

       The prison looms over me as I enter. Walking through the portal and hearing the intercom. "Go through the portal again." I listen to the instructions and soon see Sam. "Hello Sam" His expression from what I can see is concerned. "Hi. Are you okay?" "I'm fine I'm here to see Dream" He goes into his serious warden mode and has me fill out paperwork and checks my pockets. 

       As we  head through the prison I can't help but appreciate the intricacy of it. We finally reach the final obstacle a wall of lava. He looks at me and pulls the lever. The lava parts the ways for my platform. The last as the last bit of lava parts I see the murderer of my youngest son staring with his normal wicked grin. 

~End of chapter~

Lol cliffhanger. I'm a bit rusty so bear with me. I know it gets repetitive but that's part of the point. The reader isn't thinking rationally in these moments. Hopefully it wasn't too bad. Thank you all for the support I love you all!

    ~Tory