54

It becomes apparent to me that the yell was real. It was no mistake of my mind. Tobias heard it too. I sit up and look at Tobias. His body sits stationary next to mine.

"Tris!" The yell shouts again. I look at Tobias. He's listening intently, his eyes widely open. We exchange a look of confusion and I crawl out of bed. And Tobias follows me, curiously. I shiver due to the coldness with the warm bed and Tobias. Tobias goes out first, sneaking to the front door. He opens the door. I suck in a breath. It's Zeke.

"What do you want?" Tobias asks him confused. Zeke's panting, like a dog or someone that's just ran; a person who's just escaped...

"Tris, your..." He leans over, holding on to his knees. "Brother, Uriah..." I stand behind Tobias and shrug.

"Spit it out, Zeke." Tobias says. He's annoyed. Zeke woke him, for the second time.

"Your brother is trying to leave... Uriah... Trying to stop him." My heart bursts like a balloon. Why would Caleb leave me? Tobias turns and looks at me. I don't care what I'm wearing. I run.

"Tris!" Tobias shouts after me but I continue. He's bound to be leaving from where I tried to leave all that time ago.

I sprint as fast as I can, my legs burning as I twist through the narrow corridors. When I see them. I slow down and stand behind Caleb. He doesn't know I'm here yet.

"Where... Are you going?" I ask, breathless. Caleb turns, his whole body shifting to face me.  He face is full of horror at the sight of me yet he looks guilty.

"Tris, he's leaving you." Uriah says.

"Well I knew that...but why?" Caleb looks down at his feet and then back up to me.

Tobias's P.O.V

Tris just ran off. I desperately want to run after her, but first I need to find a shirt. I grab one from on the back of the chair and swing it over my head. I went into the kids' room and pick both of them up carefully. I turn back to Zeke, who's pacing our apartment. I pass him Nic, he doesn't take it well, just slowly pull him to him. I shrug.

"Come on," I say to him and he shuts the door behind him and we're off.

We fast walk to where they are, because Zeke came to get us, he knew where they were.

When we reach them, Tris is already nearly bursting into tears. I stand behind and lean to her ear.

"What's up?" She pats my chest and rubs Em's head. 'I'll tell you later' signal. I wait.

"Look, Tris. I don't belong here, you know I don't. I'm not going to let you keep me here either." Caleb says. I conceal my anger, making sure not to lash out.

"Caleb, you can't leave me, I'm your sister." Tris says. Tears are threatening to fall from her eyes but she stays calm, so her eyes dry up again.

"Trust me, I'd stay here if I could." Her eyes get wetter. I place my spare arm around her and Zeke pushes Nic up his chest uncomfortably.

"Well stay then," She takes his hand. Begging him. "Please stay." Her voice is unsteady. She's going to break any second, and of course I'm here to pick up the pieces that Caleb left behind.

"Tris-"

"Caleb, just stay." Uriah says in Tris's defense. I nod at Uriah, a thank.

"If I stay, promise me you won't ignore me. As your brother, I want to talk to you. I want to be a proper brother. I've never been able to, in Abnegation, give me that chance?" He asks. I look at Tris, then to Zeke.

"Promise." She says quietly. It's true. We do ignore him quite a lot. It's because we have a life though. We have a new family unit, which he should be aiming for currently. I just hope he is. Otherwise, he's in the way.

I cough.

"You can stay at ours tonight." I lean to Tris's ear. "It's only temporarily." I don't want him to stay. Whatsoever. But this is for Tris, and Tris only. For her happiness. And her well being. For Tris.

Tris's P.O.V

I know Tobias only wanted what's best for me but Caleb is my brother. I want what's best for Caleb, not just myself. I am not selfish. I refuse to be. Tobias is being selfless, letting Caleb stay for me. Bit that's the thing. It's for me, not for Caleb. I'm sure Caleb is viewing this from a much different perspective than Tobias's perspective. And that is not good. I want no more arguing, I wasn't peace. Peace from rowdy Dauntless. I want honourable Dauntless. I wish everyone could understand. It's selfish, me saying saying 'I want' but Dauntless would be a much better place today than it has ever been.

Uh, sorry... I left you on a cliffhanger last time, and made you wait seven days? Sorry.... I hope you enjoyed