37

I see Caleb's face and want to slap it, I don't even know why.

"Beatrice..." He pants and I begin to stare at him as if he's boring. He still looks weird wearing black Dauntless clothing. Even the simplest black t-shirt and he still looks misplaced here.

"It's just Tris now, did I tell you?" Why am I so grumpy this morning? 

"Tris..." It's almost as if he tests my name out before he continues. "How are you?" I pause and state wide eyed at him. What is he chatting on? 

"How am I?"

"Yeah, well you know, I haven't seen you in a while."

"And you rush over to me to ask how I am?" I roll my eyes and continue doing what I was doing. Which was talking about Al... I face Christina.

"So," Christina says, coughing awkwardly. I feel her awkwardness.

"When are you and Will getting married then, Christina?" I feel a small gush of wind on the back of my neck as Caleb sits down next to me.

"No, we're not...Yet, I'm still waiting for him to pop the question." She shrugs but I know she desperately wants to marry him. She's been waiting her whole life... I chuckle to myself until Caleb splices my thoughts.

"Beatr-"

"Tris." I state sternly.

"Tris. I have something I need to tell you." I nod for him to continue. "Somewhere more private..."

"Right." I take him back to the apartment, simply because I'll find it extremely awkward if we went in a hallway. Cramped in close quarters with my brother, no thank you.

I plump for the closest seat, the sofa. As does Caleb.

"So, what did you want to tell me?"

"Tris, your home. I was thinking later-" Tobias starts, Caleb stares at him like he's abnormal. Tobias quiets down and sits on the counter.

"Well, we have a situation on our hands..." 

"What?" I ask eagerly. 

"Mom and dad found out I'm not in Erudite..." 

"And, as far as they know, you're factionless." I shrug slightly. 

"They've gone to help out in the factionless safe houses..." I feel like I've just been punched in the face. Mom and dad are going to find out...What if they tell the other governors...? 

"We're going to have to stop them..." I say standing up, Caleb pulls me by my wrist back down. Tobias rushes over to me.

"No...Tris, your not going anywhere...I don't want you getting hurt..." I'm automatically pushed down by them so I shake my head.

"I can't just sit here and do nothing!" I hiss back at them both. I don't know why they insist I don't go, it's as if they view me as weak. I watch their faces as the try to form a plan.

"Me and Tobias will go." Caleb announces, Tobias look at him, confusion. He then turns to me. He's right. He can't go either. Evelyn will pounce on him anywhere she can and everyone will recognise him...

"Caleb, you are going to have to go by yourself." I say.

"Why?"

"Four's mom is the leader of the factionless..." I say quietly.

"And? Someone's going to have to come with me..." Caleb says scowling, not at me or Tobias but in the general direction of the door. I watch Tobias, I know he'll reconsider going...

"But-"

"I'll go. Tris," Tobias says and takes my hands in his. "I'm going to be fine, you'll be just fine too, I'll get Christina to come stay with you and you know how much I despise  her...And-" I lean in close to him and speak quietly.

"I want you here with me, not Christina." He nods.

"I want to be here as much as you want me here."

"Stay then..." He shakes his head. I sigh.

"I need to help your brother..."

"But what if Evelyn finds you?"

"Well, I'm going to have to wear a good disguise."

"This is ridiculous!" I don't mean to raise my voice, I just get so frustrated that I have to.

"Bea-"

"No, I can't let either of you go! They'll be a perfectly good explanation why you weren't there..."

"Well what's that then, Tris?" Tobias says angry hints dropped in through his tone of voice.

"I don't know! He could've been sleeping or something!" I get the same look from both of them, Tobias a simple sarcastic scowl and Caleb a warning look but they both look similar.

"That's not an excuse, Beatrice." Caleb butts in.

"I'll go!" I shout and they both stare at me in disbelief. "I'll distract them, go to Abnegation."

"Bea-"

"Shush! She could be onto something here..." Tobias instructs, Caleb obeys and sits listening to me.

"We, me and Tobias, will go to Abnegation. We'll visit my parents, make sure they listen to us and we keep them busy and then they'll be no harm for your 'busy', little life."

"Bea, it's not going to work...They'll visit for more than one day." I crease my forehead. I'm getting desperate now.

"Then we all go!" I yell, I can't help it...

"But-" I interject Caleb.

"Come on...We'll set off tomorrow." Caleb's about to disagree so I throw the waterworks on. Which I'd normally struggle with but being pregnant and hormones an all...

"Fine!" Caleb says, nodding. I vein like Cheshire cat.

"I'm not looking forward to this." Days Tobias quietly. I don't blame him either. He's got to tell my parents that we're married and he impregnated me AND there's a possibility he'll see Marcus, which is bad enough as it is but he'll then have to re-explain why we're there and hope Marcus doesn't say anything to the rest of the council members...

SHEO!! I HAD THE HARD DECISION OF 'CHOOSING' (A FACTION) NO, A PICTURE BETWEEN SHEO... I 'CHOSE' (DAUNTLESS) THIS ONE THOUGH!  SORRY, JUST HAD TO DO THAT...

;) :')