61

"Tris."

×××
Tris' P.O.V.

I understood now. Why he stayed. The underlying effect of not knowing was eating me alive. I couldn't stand it. I was having dreams, nightmares even. It was all just ridiculous. And Tobias never brought it up either, brought up anything to do with Amar and my mum. I didn't want to ask after snapping at him, telling him I didn't want to know. But I need to know.

×××

I settle the kids down, cuddling them both into my sides. Tobias was doing a late shift and neither of the kids could sleep.

After half an hour, the kids where soundly asleep, peace. At last.

Tobias came in early than I expected, waking me from my cozy sleep next with my kids.

"Go sleep, I'll be in bed in a minute." I shushed him and looked and my feet. There lay the small feet of my beautiful daughter and clinging onto my side, my beautiful son. I love them so much. Tobias nods at me and wonders off elsewhere in the apartment.

He comes in a few moments later, gently easing himself down onto the bed. He's warm. Cozy. He's... Tobias. He snuggles me into him, our little son in between us. I love him too. I love them all. So, so, so much. Words can't explain it.

×××

Almost a year later and Tobias and I were discussing our past. Everything.

"Tobias, I want you to tell me." I said. His face contorted, confused at my words, as if they were a foreign language to him.

"Tell you what Tris?"

I smiled at him, grabbing both of his hands across the table. He squeezed my hands urging me to continue talking. To explain what on earth I was inquiring about. His eyes tore my heart. I cannot stop loving this man. No matter what.

Now. It was time.

"Tobias, I want you to tell me all about my mum, Amar and the bureau. Hit me with your best shot." I smile, my teeth grinning into Tobias's eyes. "Fire away, Four."

His mouth opened wide, grinning at me. Finally. He was allowed to tell me.

"I've waited so long." Another squeeze on my hands. "I love you."

"Yeah, yeah. I know." I chuckle. "So, tell me." I smile. This is it.