31

I go into our apartment. Tobias is sprawled out across the floor.

"What are you doing?" I so caught him off guard. He sits up immediately, staring at me.

"Uhh, I..." I burst out laughing, he blushes. I still have no idea what he was doing. Tobias stands up and picks me up over his shoulder. I bang on his back.

"Put me down!" He laughs as I squeal. I scream as he throws me onto the sofa. He gets on top of me but he doesn't put all of his weight on me.

"I love you."

"I love me too." He scowls at me, fakely and I laugh. He presses his lips to mine and then gets off me. "Don't worry. I do love you."

"Good." I chuckle and head into the kitchen for breakfast.

I set the pancakes onto the plate and place them on the table. I find Tobias already sat at the table, grinning like crazy. I sit down and we have an eating competition without even having to get consent from each other. He wins. I groan when I realise I lost.

"I'm so gonna win next time!" He brags. I collect our plates and then sit on his knee.

"I don't think so, babe." I leap off his knees and take the dishes into the kitchen. I'll clean them later.

+++

One month later.

Christina got really huge over this past month, considering she only told me last month anyway. God knows how long she's kept that to herself. And I thought she was Candor. I've been sick a lot lately too.

I shuffle under Tobias's grasp.

"Tobias. I n-need to get up..."

"Why?" He groans. I yank myself out of his grasp and it shocks him. "Tris?" I don't answer him, just run to the bathroom. Am I pregnant? I puke, just managing to get it in the toilet bowl in time.

Tobias comes in a few minutes later.

"Your ill. I'll call in work for us."

"No, you go-" And again.

"I'm not going anywhere." Have it your way then.

He comes back in a few minutes later. My stomach settled down so he helps me up.

"How about you rest?" I nod, I couldn't be bothered today anyway. He turns me around to the direction of our room.

He places me in bed, tucking the covers around me and kissing my forehead.

"Do you want anything?"

"A drink of water would be nice." I smile, I feel cheeky. He fetches me one and gives it me.

"Anything else?"

"You." He lies on top of the covers and cuddles with me.

A few hours later, I feel much better. I get out of bed and shower. Tobias nipped around Zeke's so I know I won't have him worrying about me.

I shower for a while, much longer than usual and change into loose fitted clothes. I decide I should go find Christina, considering I might be pregnant.

Christina got me a test and is waiting outside my bathroom door. I take a deep breath and look at the results. Positive. I'm pregnant. I open the door to a chubby and eager Christina.

"Well?"

"I'm pregnant." I say, she jumps up and down then pounces on me.

"I knew it!" She pulls away. "Now my baby is going to have a best friend!" She squeals and I hold my ears. She's so loud. No wonder she's ex-Candor. Tobias comes in, I look at Christina, not entirely sure how to tell him. But Christina blurts it out for me.

"Your pregnant?" He asks and I nod, Christina runs out of the apartment, giving us some peace. Tobias runs up to me and picks me up. I wrap my legs around his waist and my hands around his neck. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Having my baby."

"I've not had it yet." I giggle.

"I love you, Tris."

"Tobias, I love you." He gently places me down and bends over. He starts babbling on to my stomach. I press my hands to my stomach.

Then it hits me. I'm going to have to tell Caleb...