23

Everything turns pretty awkward, thanks to Christina. Well done.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" Will finally asks, as an attempt to stop the awkwardness. Shauna looks at Zeke, she obviously doesn't want to talk anymore. Zeke coughs and sits Shauna next. to him.

"We find out tomorrow." Zeke squeezes Shauna's leg and she gives him a small, loving smile. Loving? Well that's a first. I've never seen Shauna loving...?

"I bet you two are excited..." Marlene says trying to start up conversation between us all again. I notice how Tobias sits with his hands in his lap, awkwardly.

"Yeah." Zeke says as Shauna nods. She's being unusually quiet...

"I'm excited." Bursts out Uriah. We all stare at him confused, Marlene looks slightly confused too. " For becoming an uncle, that is." Waves of understanding wash over everyone's faces. Marlene isn't pregnant.

"It'll be a first to the Pedrad family." Says Marlene with a smile. Uriah gives an awkward look, obviously the Pedrad family don't like change.

"Yeah, it will be." Zeke says, a hint of....nervousness...in his voice. Tobias slings an arm around my shoulder and sits us down. We all get our third drink and then leave.

Tobias takes us back to the apartment and we slump down on to the sofa.

"Well...that was..." Tobias begins.

"Awkward." I say for him and he nods in agreement.

"I definitely wasn't expecting it though." Tobias finally says. I agree, I was definitely not expecting it either.

"Me neither. I thought Christina was going to have a baby before the rest of us."

"What about us?" I look at him, directly in his blue eyes. What?

"What do you mean?" I ask, for a second, he ignores my eye contact but after maybe a minute, he looks at me. In the eyes.

"Do you want kids?" Do I? I guess so.

"Not yet." I drop my eye contact with him and look to the floor. "Do you?" I ask nervously.

"Yes." He bluntly says. I snuggle up to his warm body, my legs tucked up to his chest. He slides his arm around my waist and makes tiny circles across my skin.