14

Tris definitely gets us :')

Caleb will go crazy...He'll disown me...Will he? No, he's family...But he...He went to Erudite...We both done stuff...I mean what I did was harmless, right?

"Christina." I fakely smile as she comes over.

"Hey! No need fakely smile." My face returns to its neutral state.

"Okay then..."

"Tris, you have got to come zip lining! We've never done it before!"

"Excuse me! I have!" I laugh as Christina scowls at me.

"Well, you're coming anyway. Are you going to bring Four?" Am I?

"Ehh...I'll ask him later..."

"Oh, whatever. Guess who I saw yesterday?"

"Who?"

"Peter, he was making out with some little pip squeak! A tiny one!"

"Oh, right." Peter kissing some little kid, doesn't suprise me at the slightest...He a complete freak!

"Are you not suprised?" NO!

"Christina, we're talking about a boy who stabbed someone in the eye and hung me over the chasm! Why would I be surprised?"

"Okay, you have a point."

"Indeed."

+++

"Trisss!" Tobias reaches out for my arm. I run away from him, laughing and smiling. "I'll get you!" He runs on my tail so I slide over the top of the counter. My feet slam against the ground and my knees cave in. I yelp.

"Tris!" Tobias yells as he comes to my aid. He presses his fingertips to my inner elbow and slides his other hand around under my armpit. He pulls me up and I laugh my head off. "What's so funny Tris?" I run away again, I faked it. I run into the bedroom and slam the door shut. I lean against the door so he can't get in...Hopefully. I hear his breaths on the other side of the of the door. He slams his body against the door, I struggle to keep it shut so I see his face through the gap in the door. He slams himself against it again. I'm pushed back by his body weight, my back slams onto the ground.

"Ow!" I squeal, Tobias bends down to me.

"You better hadn't be playing with me, Tris." I shake my head.

"Really. I'm not." His arms snake under me and yank me up. He lays me under the sheets on the bed and tucks me in. I kiss him gently and in return he nibbles at my lips.

"I love you Tris. Are you okay?"

"I love you To-" I open my eyes to Caleb behind Tobias. I sit up and Tobias looks at me funny as I stare at Caleb. He turns around to Caleb. His face drops.

"Who's To?" Tobias looks at me and I stare back at him.

"I...Uhh..." I stammer, Caleb stares at us both and we're both stuck for words.

"Well?" He puts his hands on his hips and Tobias sits down on the bed next to me.

"It's me." Tobias says. He's opening up to my brother...

"You? But I thought-"

"For an ex Erudite, you are not very clever. Did you seriously think my real name is Four?" Tobias says as he squeezes my hand.

"So it begins with a T?"

"Yes." I watch Tobias's reaction as he announces his name. "My name is Tobias. Tobias Eaton." Caleb stares in disbelief at Tobias.

"It's really you." Yes. It is. And I love him.

"Yeah." Caleb looks at Tobias quizzically.

"Did Marcus really beat you?" I give Caleb a warning look.

"Yes. He did." Tobias breathes in deeply.

Tobias's P.O.V

I breathe in preparing fpr my next blow. It comes down on my back, a cracking sound arising from the belt. I curl into a ball but never loose eye contact with Marcus. He never loved me; he never loved mum. I loved mum but I will never, ever love him again.

The memories of the constant blows fill my mind. I loose grip on Tris's hand as the memories flood in one by one. Slowly and painfully.

"Tobias?" I hear Tris's gentle voice call. I turn back into reality. "Are you okay?"

"No!" I snap, I'm getting angry because of my 'father'. I can't help it. "I'm not okay!" I point at Caleb and snatch my hand away from Tris. "You! Bringing up my  past! You don't get it!" I rise up and walk to the door. "And you shouldn't of let him!" I yell at Tris, I can see from here that she's mega upset now - and it's my fault. I walk out of the apartment and wonder to the chasm.

Tris's P.O.V

I can't believe it. Tobias blaming me for his past? Tears form in my tear duct and when Tobias slams his way out, I crumble. My head sinks to my hands and I cry.

"Tris? Are you okay? I swear, I didn't mean for-"

"Caleb? Do you think he'll leave me?" His eyes move from my eyes to my engagement ring.

"No." Caleb sinks down next to me. "I'm going to go find him." He rises but I clench his arm so he can't.

"I know where he'll be, leave him." I try to dry my eyes but the tears keep falling. Caleb pulls me into him, hugging me.

+++

I find myself at the chasm. I see Tobias's muscular figure in front of me and I sit beside it. He's crying too.

"Why are you here?" He asks not bothering look back at me.

"Because I love you."

"Why? I don't understand how you can love me."

"I've always loved you, Tobias and I can't stop myself from loving you."

"I'm so sorry Tris." He collapses into my arms and my arms naturally form around his upper back as his falm burries into my lap.

"It's okay. We're okay." I run my fingers through his hair as I feel his tears on my pants.

"T-Tris, I want to go back to the apartment. Can we go?"

"Yeah. Let's go." We both stand up and I wipe his tears from his eyes. He chuckles. We walk to the apartment hand in hand.

"Tris, are you okay?"

"Great now I've got you." We both smile.

"I need to find your brother."

"Not now." He nods and we kiss. His hands gently brush the back of my neck and my hands lie just under the fabric of his shirt. "Let's go bed, skip zip lining, we'll go on a special occasion." I give him a sweet smile and we head into the bedroom. We both throw ours tops off and I throw one of Tobias's old tops and I just take my jeans off. I climb into bed, as does Tobias wearing his boxers only. He kisses my forehead and we kiss on the lips once.

"Goodnight." He says as his ar.s wrap around me. I'm safe.

"I love you."

"Back at ya." He winks at me and we both sleep.