Chapter 3

The next Morning

Veronica's POV

Suddenly I wake up groggy in my apartment on the couch confused. My eyes felt better and I'm happy about it honestly. I look around my apartment, well the room I'm in, and don't see Lizzie anywhere. Maybe I just imagined that she was there and my mind playing tricks on me, I get up and pour myself some Ice Tea when I see my bedroom door open. I see Lizzie standing in one of my oversized shirts and sweats rubbing her eyes awake

Me: Good morning, nice outfit

Lizzie: Morning and I had nothing with me to wear.

Me: Okay, want breakfast? I was just about to make some scrambled eggs

Lizzie: Mmmmmm but first coffee

Me: Okay well coffee machine is there and the coffee grounds are next to it, I'd do it but idk how coffee machines work

Lizzie: What do you mean?

Me: I've never had to use one

Lizzie: You don't drink coffee?

Me: No coffee tastes weird to me, I just drink caffeinated teas.

Lizzie starts to make the coffee as I pull out the eggs to make our scrambled eggs and we continue to talk.

Lizzie: interesting....

Me: What's that suppose to mean?

Lizzie: Nothing...it's just I never met anyone who doesn't drink coffee

Me: Well you can't say that anymore cause I don't

I laugh and I see a small smile creep up on her face. Her coffee was ready and the stove was finally hot enough for me to make scrambled eggs. Lizzie pours herself the cup off coffee and when she drinks it she hums in delight, I don't know why but it was the cutest thing ever. We sat in a comfortable silence for a bit as I made our breakfast. Once it finished I plate it and we sit at the dining table that sits in the middle of the kitchen as we begin to eat. Halfway through I decide to break the silence.

Me: Thanks for taking care of me last night and well this weekend. You really didn't have to, I know it wasn't any fun and you don't really know me but I really appreciate it.

Lizzie: It's okay, I honestly didn't mind. You looked like you were going to have a tough time and I couldn't in good conscience leave you like that, plus you're cute when you sleep so don't worry about it.

She froze realizing what she said and rather than let you respond she decided to quickly divert the attention away to what she just said. I, however, noticed what she said but didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable, especially when I don't know if she's straight or not.

Lizzie: Anyway it looks like you're doing better

Me: Yeah I am a lot, guess sleep really is the best cure for a cold.

Lizzie: That and chicken noodle soup

Me: Yeah you're right. Anyway, since I'm feeling better and can function as a normal human you really don't have to stay if you had other plans. I wouldn't be offended

Lizzie: Trying to get rid of me already? *she says in a sarcastic tone and giggles, man that giggle!*

Me: Wha-What? I-I mean n-no I just feel bad-

Lizzie: Relax I'm teasing. It's okay I don't mind staying with you here and making sure you actually don't need me. I enjoy your company

Me: And I yours Lizzie. So what do you want to do?

Lizzie: Why don't we get to know each other some and then later watch movies?

Me: I'd like that

And that's what we did we talked to each other and got to know each other some more throughout the day. I don't know but as the day went on I could feel myself feeling things more and more, I mean she was extremely flirty all day but I learn never to trust that. I mean I have friends who are big flirts all the time but we are just friends and it is what it is. I don't know how I feel about Lizzie and I'm not putting much thought into it until I know for sure she isn't fully straight. I mean I'm bi so there's that but I need to figure her out and figuring out whether a woman was into me or not is something I am bad at.