Chapter 35

Time Jump

Veronica's POV

So that night after talking to Scarlett I managed to make it to Lizzie's place in one piece, which honestly was shocking given how many near misses I had driving to her place. Only reason is cause it was raining, granted there are always dumb drivers but in the rainn it's like 10x worse. Anyway, today is the day of Sabrina's concert and as much as I had wished she forgotten about our little agreement she didn't.

Now I'm pacing back and forth in the living room area freaking out while Lizzie is upstairs showering. I am freaking out because not only do I have to stand on stage and do the song I did with Sabrina but I also have to perform two songs before she goes on. What two songs am I going to do? How am I going to manage it? What if nobody likes me? What-

I was cut off by the feeling of hands on me shoulder stopping me in my tracks.

L: You are going to wear a hole in the floor if you continue to pace back and forth. What's wrong?

Me: I'm freaking out about being on stage. It's fine with Sabrina doing the song we did together cause I have her there to help if I mess up or something but how am I meant to open for her? Also what songs am I picking? Will they even like my songs? I just barely got comfortable singing in front of you and our close friends how am I going to do it in front of thousands of strangers?

L: Okay you're rambling so I'm going to stop you right there. For starters you're not going to mess up and if you do you're only human. For what songs to pick maybe I can help you out on that if you'll let me? I'm sure they will love the songs you do choose regardless though and I know you can do this. You just have to do it tonight and if you never want to do it again you don't have to, even though I think you'll love it and end up wanting to keep doing it.

Me: How is it you know just the right words to say? You managed to make this all sound not as terrible as it did a few minutes ago

L: Because i'm me!

I laughed and wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her closer to give her a chaste kiss.

Me: I think I know one song I'm going to do but maybe you can help me pick out the other?

L: I'd love to! What's the song you have picked out?

Me: It's a surprise

L: I don't even get any hint? Pleeeeeeeeeassssssssssseeeeee

Me: Fine I'll give you a hint, it's about this gorgeous green eyed goddess that I met on a chance weekend back when I lived with my old roommate

She looked confused and sad at first but then I think after a moment of silence she figured out I was talking about her. I mean the song is about her it's just about how much I missed her while we were apart and how I tried moving on with scarlett but she was no Lizzie. I have a few songs like that but I think this one is the one worth singing.

Lizzie smiled ear to ear in figuring out the song was about her and couldn't wipe it off her face not that I would ever want to. I mean she has the most adorable smile ever.