Chapter 39

Veronica's POV

I finally get home and when I walk inside I notice all the lights are out. I decide to quietly walk in and up to my room for the night. 

*Next day*

I woke up to the smell of food and coffee, I guess Lizzie is up. I suddenly got very nervous, I just sat in bed for 20 minutes staring at the USB on my nightstand. I mean it's got my deepest feelings, not only for Lizzie but some other things I've been through. I just I'm nervous to show her.Did I mention her opinion means everything to me? Well it does.

I figured I have hidden in my room long enough, I had to face the music sooner or later. I took a deep breath, grabbed the USB and headed downstairs to the kitchen. 

L: Good morning sleepyhead. How did you sleep?

Me: Good actually. you? 

L: Good. Tea?

Me: Yes please

Lizzie poured me some tea and herself some coffee. Now I may not drink coffee but I do love the smell of it. Anyway I could see in Lizzie's face she was worried about something but before I could ask her she asked me

L: Are you alright? You seem off somehow

I took a deep breath and thought, I guess now's as good a time as any. May as well get it out of the way.

Me: I am okay. Guess I'm a little nervous. I....um....I want to show you something, well...actually I want you to hear something I've been working on and tell me your thoughts on it.

L: What is it? Is it music for a scene for a project you're working on? 

Me: I mean it is music and it is for a project I'm working on so I guess so yeah. 

L: Alright lead the way. 

We then got up and walked into the dining area where I grabbed my laptop. I thought maybe I should tell her what it's for...or maybe I'll wait until after the songs play and explain myself. Yeah that's what I am going to do, just wait to hear her thoughts before I tell her that this is an EP I have been working on. 

I set the USB in the computer and before I played the songs I looked at Lizzie and said

Me: I want you to just listen and give me your honest opinion at the end. There's a few songs and I just want your thoughts on them

L: Ok I will be honest, though I'm sure they're great choices as it's you. 

Me (to myself): Yeah I hope so

I played the songs for Lizzie, of course the last one being the one Taylor and Selena helped me with. When the melody of the first song came on I looked at Lizzie she seemed to enjoy it, but when she heard the first words I sang her eyes widened and she looked straight at me. She didn't say anything but I could tell she was asking if that was me on the song, to which I nodded my head. Her smile widened so big I had never seen her smile so big. Now whether that was because she actually liked the music or was happy to hear me sing I'm not sure but I guess we will find out when songs are done. 

After 15 minutes the last song finished and I stopped the songs from repeating and looked at Lizzie expectantly. She didn't say anything, I think still in shock. After a minute or two of silence I got nervous and decided to speak

Me: So what were your thoughts?

L: That was you singing? That was your songs?

Me: Umm yeah, just some things I have been working on or were too personal for another artist/movie to use. I spent the last couple weeks recording them and perfecting them, actually that last song, beginning part Taylor and Selena helped me with it because I couldn't get it figured out and anyway I wanted you to be the first to hear them and get your thoughts because well your opinion means a lot to me. 

L:  I'm the first person to listen to these songs? 

Me: That's what you got from all that? yes you are

I laughed but stare at her expectantly, and then I saw her smile grow wider if that was even possible. She jumped out of her chair and jumped in my lap hugging me so tightly. 

Me: L...L..Lizzie, I...c...can't...breathe

She released her death grip on me and sat back on my lap still to look at me. Her hands on my face as we stare into each others eyes for a moment before she says

L: Those songs were amazing and I mean I knew you could sing but I didn't know you could SING. They are beautiful, what's it for though? I know you didn't just record them for me so what are they for? Is it for one of the movies/shows your working on? 

Me: Umm well I actually thought of maybe making an EP and releasing it to the world as an album on its own. I know I didn't want to be center of attention or be in industry and I still get nervous thinking these songs will be out there for the world to hear. However, after doing that performance for Sabrina I just had this nagging feeling of what if in the back of my mind. I mean I doubt anyone will hear it as I'm not really anybody special like Bri or Selena or Taylor, but I mean even if it amounts to nothing at least I can get rid of the what if in my head and

Suddenly I was cut off by Lizzie kissing me out of nowhere. I of course kissed back but when air became a problem we pulled away, foreheads still touching and she said

L: You were rambling honey. I think it's a great idea you're doing this and I don't think it'll amount to nothing. In fact I think you'll be as big as Taylor one day. 

Me: Okay I wouldn't go that far love, I mean Taylor is an icon 

I laugh and then kiss her lips once more and say

Me: Thank you though for the faith you have in me. 

L: Always, so when are you going to release them? 

Me: Well I was thinking that I could post some teasers on instagram, see if maybe can get Bri or Scar to share it to help me get word out a bit and then maybe in a week from today share it on spotify, apple music, etc. 

L: I think that's a great idea, I'm so excited for you. I'm happy too that you decided to share your voice and talent to the world. Especially help those who may have been put in similar situations as your past, I could tell a couple of those songs were painful to sing. 

Me: I wasn't originally going to have those songs as part of it, wanted to make it a fully lighthearted album but I then thought if this ends up being the only thing I ever put out I want those songs to be able to help people who've been through it too. Make them feel like they're not alone. I know I would've loved to have songs like them when I was going through those situations. 

L: I'm sorry honey that you didn't but I do think you're going to help others in that situation with your music. Now I gotta know what these songs names are, and what the album is going to be called. 

Me: Well the song titles are Narcissist, Things I can't Say, Notice, Boyfriend, Grey, and Hey Stupid I Love You. As  for album title I haven't thought of one, I thought maybe you could help me come up with one? 

L: Really!?!??! 

I nodded my head and smiled wider when I saw how excited Lizzie was to help me with this even if it's just the album title and cover. I did have some ideas of my own before this and I was just going to use one of those, but being here I thought why not have her help me. She is better at this than I am and honestly I knew she'd be thrilled to have played some part in my album, little does she know pretty much every song, with the exception of 2, are about her but she doesn't need to know that. Not yet at least

Me: Yes love, of course! 

She was thrilled she jumped off of me and ran off somewhere before coming back and grabbing my arm to drag me with her to wherever she was hell bent on going and I followed willingly. I never not want to see her as thrilled as she is right now. 

----------

A/N: I am sorry it's taken me so long to post. I just have a hard time finding time. I will try my best to write more often but the updates are going to be slow for this book. I apologize. 

Do you have any ideas for a title for Veronica's album? Feel free to share.