Chapter 21

Veronica's POV

I'm upstairs in an office in Lizzie's apartment, it's quite spacious to be honest. I can't believe she is letting me stay here and was able to get my foot in the door with scoring music for a film. I do feel like I've been staring at this computer screen and working on the music scores for our dinner with Scarlett for hours. I look at the time and I have been staring at my computer for two hours straight, I'm honestly surprised Lizzie isn't back yet with food but before I could text her my phone rings. I look at the caller ID and it's my oldest friend Sabrina, I sometimes call her Brina or S or honestly whatever I feel like in the moment. Anyway I decided to answer the FaceTime call on my phone and lean it up to talk to her. 

Me: Hey S, what's up?

Sabrina: Hey V, not much, what about you?

Me: Not much either, been working on scoring some music for a potential job but that's all you're getting from me cause I don't want to jinx anything.

S: oooooo that's exciting, congratulations. Boo you for not giving me anymore information. Can't even give me a little bit more like what movie it is? Also how did you manage to get an interview so fast, I mean I know you have been looking and you graduate soon but that was very quick.

Me: Yeah you're not getting more until I know I got the job. I'm surprised I even told you anything about it because I don't want to get anybody's hopes up and deal with sympathy looks if I don't get it. I also managed to get this through my roommate's friend who knows somebody and they got me in the door but I have to still put the work in. I'm hoping I can get it though because it'd be a good starter for me right after I graduate in like a few days. 

S: No I totally understand that, that's how I feel about any songs I'm working on ever. I don't want to show anybody or tell anybody I'm working on something because so much pressure. 

Me: Yeah that's for sure

S: Speaking of music do you still play the guitar?

Me: What kind of question is that S? Of course I still play guitar, I have it with me right now even!

S: Have you been working on any melodies or anything? 

Me: I have come up with a couple tunes and a couple lyrics for them but nothing really.

S: Can I hear?

Me: How about I show you when I feel a little more confident about them or have a little more solidification on the melody and lyrics?

S: What if you came to meet me at the studio? Not to do anything but maybe you'll get some inspiration being in that environment and we get to hangout. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever.

Me: I know I'm sorry S I just have been so busy with school and graduation coming up but when do you go to the studio next?

S: I can go in whenever but I am planning to go in a week from today actually

Me: So then why don't I come by then around lunch, I'll bring your favorite and then we can spend rest of the day there and hanging out.

S: YES! FINALLY! I'm down for that. I can't wait now to see you V, I miss you! We have a lot to catch up on.

Me: Yes we do S, yes we do.

S: Ooooo what's that suppose to mean?

Just then I hear Lizzie calling that she's back and it couldn't have come at a more perfect time.

Me: You'll find out next week S, right now I have to go grab some food. 

S: Mhmm sure whatever you say but don't think I'll forget this V. I will remember to ask you about it.