Chapter 15

Veronica's POV

The day after my little argument with Lizzie I talked to Amy and Kaitlin. We decided that this week we were going to get drinks and make Lizzie jealous. Why I decided to agree to this? I could not tell you, maybe because I was pretty drunk or hurt she would think so low of me. Either way I agreed to it. 

Today was the first day of our Spring Break and there was this restaurant that gave "free" shot glasses/glassware, whenever you ordered a spring break drink. The stock was limited so we had to go on the earlier side. Amy, Kaitlin, and I are currently sitting at a table drinking and talking about dumb shit when suddenly me and Lizzie's relationship became the topic of conversation.

Amy: You should take a picture of all of us and post it on your story, that way Lizzie can see you're having a fun time without her. 

Me: I mean I'm down to do a group picture but not because it'll make Lizzie jealous.

Kaitlin: Well she'll be jealous regardless because I'll be in the picture and apparently she thinks you have a crush on me. 

Amy: Oh wait I have an even better idea.

Me: Oh no!

Kaitlin: Ooooo what is it?

Amy: Well you both want to get a second one of these glasses, as do I but the drinks that sound good for them I will be out of town.

Me: Okay and? I don't get where this is going. 

Amy: Well why don't just you and Kaitlin come on that day to have drinks, then you can post a story with caption like "Drinks and my favorite person, this day couldn't get any better" or something similar. Just make it sound flirty but obviously not to obvious you know?

Me: I don't know

Kaitlin: I think that's a brilliant plan!

Me: I mean it's a good plan but what would it accomplish?

Amy: Maybe she'll get jealous enough and do something drastic to win you back. 

Me: Maybe but I'm not sure if I want to get her back this way. Plus I'm the one who ended things not her

Kaitlin: Yes we are aware. This is to essentially make fun of her accusing you of having a thing with me when we are nothing more than friends. It'll be fun plus we get to drink and if that's not enough then maybe you'll get drunk enough and you two will do something fun and everything will be fine. 

I nodded and agreed to their little shenanigans. A few days later we did just as we said which I went to take Kaitlin to get drinks, we took some pics of each other, and just had our fun. I don't even know why I expected it to work, let alone why I agreed to it but here we are. I know nothing would come of it but a fun night but little did I know what was waiting to happen in my apartment after I walked Kaitlin to her place given neither of us were in any state to drive.