Chapter 27

Veronica POV

I woke up this morning in an unfamiliar bed with unfamiliar clothes on and a killer headache. I immediately jolted up though when I heard somebody outside the room, it freaked me out and then it hit me that I was staying at Scarlett's place. I remembered bits and pieces from last night slowly, but I know one thing that is very prominent in my head is that Scarlett and I kissed. It was a fantastic kiss and I wanted to do it again but I don't know if she feels the same way, I was pretty drunk last night.

I decided to get up and do my morning routine and head out of the room to meet with Scarlett. I also didn't want to be still in my head about last night and rather face what happened with her.

After doing my morning routine and making sure I had everything I needed to go downstairs, I opened the room door and was immediately greeted with the smell of food. It was an amazing smell and I just smiled and headed downstairs, where I saw Scarlett getting everything together on their own plates. It seems like she went out and got breakfast, but i'm okay with that. I decided to clear my throat to make my presence known and scarlett looked up at me with a smile.

S: Hey! I was just about to head upstairs and wake you up for breakfast.

Me: Guess I beat you to it and now you don't have to take the trip.

S: Well I went out and got some bagels, cream cheese, lox, tomatoes, onions, and made some coffee for you if you wanted. How are you feeling?

Me: I see, you didn't have to go through all that trouble Scar, honestly. I will have to pass on the coffee though and I am actually feeling pretty good minus this headache which I think eating will help.

S: It was no trouble at all. Would you like anything else to drink then?

Me: I will just take a water if you don't mind please.

S: Sure thing! Make your plate of food and head to table and I'll bring the drink with me so we can sit and eat.

I did just that and sure enough Scarlett was right behind me with water for me and coffee for herself. I will say as much as I dislike the taste of coffee, the smell of it is still amazing! Anyway we both sat down and began eating and suddenly an awkward tension filled the room. It seems like we both had the same idea to break it because we both started to speak at the same time before stopping.

Me: Why don't you say what you were going to say first?

S: Well I was going to ask you how much of last night do you remember?

Me: I actually remember most of the night. There's bits and pieces missing but I'm sure when someone starts to tell me what happened then I'll remember. What about you?

S: I did not drink as much as you. I got at most tipsy so I remember everything from last night

She laughs but it felt more like an awkward laugh and I decided to just address the elephant that is clearly in the room rather than beating around the bush.

Me: So about the kiss.

Scarlett's head immediately jolted up shocked by my bringing it up I could tell. But she quickly tried to play it cool.

S: Yeah...What are your thoughts on it? I mean we were both pretty intoxicated, you moreso than me, but still.

Me: Well you're an amazing kisser tipsy so I can only imagine how it would be sober. As for my thoughts on the kiss I am going to be honest I liked it a lot. I would like to do it again maybe sober this time around but only if you wanted to and felt comfortable. Otherwise forget i said that last part, I don't want things between us being awkward

S: Thank you on the kissing compliment. I also liked kissing you and would like to do it sober too and many more times. But what does that mean for us?

Me: Umm well seems like we both have feelings for each other, right?

Scarlett just nods her head in agreement waiting to see where I was going to go with this.

Me: Well how about I take you out on a date and we see how things go? I don't want to jump right into a relationship I do want to get to know you more and become closer before becoming something serious if that's okay with you?