Chapter 22

Veronica's POV

Today is the day that I am suppose to have dinner with Scarlett and Lizzie and needless to say I am freaking out. This past week went by so fast, I can't believe I already graduated college and may be getting one of my dream jobs tonight, if only I had someone to share it with but I'm not going to let that bring me down. Although I'm too damn nervous anyway that I don't even know what to wear and Lizzie and I are suppose to be leaving in an hour. 

I run my hands through my hair super stressed out throwing everything in my room because I hate everything I own. Nothing I have is good enough I feel for this dinner and I'm starting to become super stressed out. I stand with my back against my room wall slowly falling down with tears in my eyes as I look at the mess that is my room and knowing I'm quickly running out of time. Then, as if she could tell I'm having a crisis Lizzie comes in my room.

 Oh right yeah I moved into Lizzie's apartment already so we are roommates and so far it's been great. 

Anyway she comes in and sees me and my room and immediately comes to hug me and calm me down. 

Lizzie: Shhh Shh Shhh what happened in here?

Me: Nothing I have is working and we have the dinner in less than an hour and I don't know what to do.

L: Please take deep breaths with me. In.........and out........good now do it a couple more times.

Sure enough I soon calmed down but my anxiety was still present as I had nothing to wear and dinner was soon. 

L: Good now that you're breathing is normal and you've calmed a bit let me see what I have that you can borrow maybe. Though I love everything you own and anything would've worked for the dinner.

Lizzie leaves and not even five minutes later she is coming in with a perfect outfit. It was a burgundy jumpsuit and she pulled out from my messy room one of my blazers that would look good to throw over. In that moment I was in awe about how she picked this out so quickly and as she could read my mind she says

L: I had an idea for you incase something like this happens. 

Me: Thank you Lizzie you really are the best person ever! I owe you one!

-------Time Skip to Dinner with Scarlett-------

We got to the restaurant and I meet Scarlett, which I will say was professional on the outside but inside I was completely fangirling. I mean what do you expect from me, Natasha Romanoff was my OG favorite Avenger, she's just a badass. Also let's not ignore the fact that Scarlett is HOT AF, anyway we are now sitting at the table having finished our meals and just drinking our drinks when Scarlett breaks me out of my thoughts.

S: So Veronica, Lizzie tells me you're good at scoring music for films

Me: Well I never did it for films but I have always wanted to a-

L: She is great at putting music to tons of slideshows and videos that her friends have asked her to. It really is a crazy talent she has there.

I blush a little and feel butterflies in my stomach from Lizzie's compliment but try not to show any of that.

Me: Thank you Lizzie

S: Well I know I told you to make me some music scores before this dinner but I have a better idea I want you to come to the set I'm working at on Monday and try and put music to the opening credits of our film. If it works and we like it then you're hired and will be working closely with me on the film scenes. 

Me: Wow thank you Scarlett! I really appreciate it you have no idea. 

S: Don't thank me just yet, you haven't got the job just yet but if you're as good as Lizzie says I think there's a good chance you will