Chapter 23

Lizzie's POV

Veronica texted me that she was going to dinner with Scarlett since it's late and Scarlett invited her. I'm not going to lie it was kind of making me jealous that she was wanting to go to dinner with Scarlett. Makes me feel like maybe Veronica is starting to move on from us. I don't want her to but I am still not ready to come out yet to my friends. I will just have to be okay with being her friend and roommate for the time being until I feel ready. I just wish that I was already ready to put all that in for her but I'm not, I'm not sure why I'm not but my anxiety keeps getting the better of me every time. I just start overthinking and it's just a lot at times. I know that soon I will be ready and until then I hope Veronica is ready to be with me then but if she's happy in another relationship then I will support her in that too. I just hope I'm not too late when I'm ready to be open with everybody.

Scarlett's POV

I'm not going to lie I did notice the tension between Veronica and Lizzie but I didn't put much thought into it. I figured if there was something there this dinner would be a good way to push them together, especially push Lizzie to come out. I kind of already know but she doesn't know that I know. That song too that Veronica sang seemed a bit emotional and I kind of feel bad that I walked in on that but she is also an amazing singer.

We arrive at the restaurant and are seated in a secluded part of the restaurant, given my status I don't want paparazzi getting pictures and twisting this dinner into something it's not. After we order we started getting into a conversation about her music.

Me: So how long have you been doing music for?

V: Not too long. I mean my dad taught me how to play the guitar when I was young and I always have loved music. It's just a way to connect with people and put feelings into a song that people can relate to.

Me: Have you written anymore music? Do you want to do anything in the music industry?

V: I do have a lot of music that I have written in my journal, as for doing anything in music industry aren't I already doing that with the scoring of this music?

She slightly giggled after her statement and I'd be lying if I said that that sound wasn't something I wanted to keep hearing or the smile on her face to stop.

Me: I mean yes but I meant more like performing, writing albums, going on tour, that type of stuff?

V: Umm funny enough you're not the first person to ask me that. My best friend has been trying to get me into the music industry like that my whole life but I don't really care to do that. I've seen how paparazzi are with her and even with Lizzie and you and it's not something I want to have happen to me. I don't like being center of attention and I don't want everyone knowing about my whereabouts or anything like that.

I could tell when she mentioned everyone knowing about her whereabouts that she was getting uncomfortable. Seemed like everyone meant one specific person but I wasn't going to pry her for anymore detail. I decided to let that be and if she wanted to she'd tell me in time.

Me: Ahh I see well if you keep hanging around all these celebrities you may just be in the public eye more than you want anyway. What kind of music does your friend do?

V: She does Pop music for the most part. I mean you may have heard of her before, Sabrina Carpenter?

Me: The name does sound familiar but I think I'd know better if I heard some of her songs. Anyway do you help her at all with her music?

V: Yeah I do sometimes, in fact I am actually going to her studio session on Friday maybe if you're free you want to come with?

Me: I have some shooting in the morning but I can definitely come by when I'm done. Provided your friend doesn't mind me crashing your bonding time?

V: Hmmmm I don't know she might but I think she'll be fine once she sees that it's you who is coming to join us. I will warn you that sometimes things get hectic and if we are there for a while before you come we may be a little bit chaotic and have what me and her like to call "crackhead energy."

Me: I think I can handle that. It'll be fun to see you let loose

V: I don't know but you have been thoroughly warned

Our food came and the rest of the night was fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed dinner. At first I had planned for this to be a way to push Lizzie to share her feelings but as the dinner went on I started to really like Veronica even more than I did. I think I'm starting to catch feelings for her and honestly I'm okay with it. She told me she's single and she does still have feelings for her ex but that there's a slim chance they'll get back together unless she makes a change. I think I might take my shot then.