Chapter 26

Scarlett POV

I was watching in awe of how in the zone Veronica looks in the booth when suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder taking me out of my trance. I looked to Sabrina and saw her telling me to take off the headphones and I did.

SC: Hey I just wanted to talk to you since we are alone now.

Me: oh okay. Why is that?

SC: Just about V and you.

Me: what about me and Ronnie, there's nothing going on. We just work on the same film and i'm the executive producer, as well as best friends with her roommate. We are just friends.

SC: See you say that but clearly there's something going on.

Me: Yeah? Do enlighten me on how you see something that I apparently don't

I laughed at it and just looked at her and she seemed deep in thought for a second, then she spoke up.

SC: Well for starters you called her Ronnie to her face and she didn't exactly lose it on you.

Me: What do you mean? It's just a nickname, i'm sure a lot of people call her that.

SC: No not really. I mean she use to only let very very close people call her that but...

Me: Use to?

SC: yeah use to, I was one of those people that would call her that. But something happened in her past and now she despises anybody calling her that. She just isn't good with it which is why I'm surprised that she let you call her that.

Me: What happened?

SC: It's not my place to tell you. All I can say is somebody who was like family to her and used that nickname for her did something and she hates that nickname ever since.

Me: Oh no! I didn't know, I don't want to call her by that if she's uncomfortable.

SC: That's the thing she doesn't seem uncomfortable when you call her that. I'm just surprised which makes me believe something is going on.

Me: Or maybe she's finally getting past whatever happened in her past.

SC: She likes to think she is but it's going to take time. I know her and she's not past it, she has her moments. Anyway, I can also tell because of this song she wrote.

Me: The one you two were singing just now? That just seems like a song about her ex, which she told me was all about hiding her feelings with them in public.

SC: No not the song we sang just now, this song

She hands me a paper with these lyrics written down and on the top in all caps is the title "All we have is love."

Me: How do you know she wrote this about me? This could be about anybody

SC: I'm not saying she did all I'm saying is I see the way you two look at each other, I also have seen some of her other songs she's written these last few weeks. I can tell the difference between when she's writing about her ex and when she's writing about somebody new. I think that's you, now I could be wrong but I have this gut feeling and my gut is almost never wrong. I also have been in this industry a while, and I have known V all my life, to be able to tell the difference in her music.

I was speechless, I was reading the lyrics and I just am amazed not only by Ronnie's talent but also about the emotion in it. I look up to Sabrina and am about to respond when the door to the recording booth and Ronnie walks in.

V: Hey guys! What are you two talking about?

SC: Nothing just showing Scarlett some of the other songs we wrote for the album.