Chapter 14

Veronica's POV

Over the course of the next couple weeks Lizzie and I started to become friends. It was awkward at first to say the least but with time it became less and less awkward. We would talk a lot more with each other and when Kenzie was in the room she would start including me in their conversations. I could tell she was really making an effort in getting back on good terms with me.

Tonight it was just us hanging out because Kenzie went to her boyfriend's place for the night. All three of us were hanging out earlier but then Kenzie's boyfriend got off work and she went to his place, leaving me and Lizzie alone in my apartment. I'm going to be honest, it was awkward at first but we decided to watch a movie, which afterwards we weren't in such an awkward state.

Me: OMG that movie was actually really good!

Lizzie: Yeah it was.

Me: There's this one scene though that reminded me of a TikTok someone sent me but I can't remember who, I need to show you it but I also need to go to the bathroom. Come with me?

Lizzie: Sure

Lizzie and I walked into my bedroom and sat on my bed while I went to the bathroom. Before I went though I gave her my phone and told her to check under Kaitlin's texts because I'm pretty sure I sent her the video. Lizzie did because I heard the video play but then I heard silence. I left the bathroom and saw Lizzie just staring blankly at my phone.

Me: Lizzie are you okay?

Lizzie: What?

Me: Are you okay? I just came out of the bathroom and you have this blank expression on your face. What's wrong?

I started to walk to my bed and sit next to her. I look over at my phone and see she saw the text between Kaitlin and I about me asking how her 2 dates went with the girls she was in between. I knew then that would possibly be a problem.

Me: Oh, I see you saw me text Kaitlin about her dates.

Lizzie: Why didn't you tell me she was into women?

Me: Well for starters it's not my place to out her like that. I'm not sure how she feels about who knows. I couldn't out her to you, plus why does it matter? It's not like that matters

Lizzie: It does though, you knew she was into women and you see her every week how am i not to be upset?

Me: Lizzie, we aren't dating it shouldn't matter. You and I are friends, plus when we were dating we never talked about our friends so never thought it'd be a big deal. I'm sorry but not like it matters because she went on two dates and she seems to like one of them

Lizzie: It doesn't matter we aren't dating you seem to have feelings for Kaitlin, I could tell from that first weekend when I came to pick up my stuff from Kenzie and we met. You told me you were upset that you were missing her birthday because you were sick and I could tell by your look that you had feelings for her and you probably still do.

Me: Lizzie, that's absurd! For starters I dated you not her and fell madly in love with you. Second of all she's one of my best friends and I would never want to ruin that. Let alone the fact that I love her but not in the way I loved, and still love, you. I honestly don't even know why I'm defending myself right now, you and I are just friends but regardless I'm not that person who would ever cheat and you know that.

Lizzie: Look I'm sorry, I am a bit jealous because you two are so close and stuff, so I worry that you will be with her. I guess you're right though we are just friends I have no right to act this way

With that she hands me my phone and leaves my room, well my whole apartment, without letting me respond. I know I hurt her and I even hurt myself, but I love Lizzie. Did I have a tiny crush on Kaitlin at some point? Yes I did. However, it was never in that way, it was short lived in all honesty. I see her as more of a friend now than being anything more. I don't know how to fix the situation, Lizzie and I were finally getting on good terms again and I had to go and ruin it. Yet somehow I feel that this isn't my fault. I mean I'm not the one that overreacted about a text to a friend where I'm clearly asking them about their dates.

Maybe I'll talk to both Kaitlin and Amy when we hang out tomorrow to see what their thoughts are about the situation.