Chapter 33

Veronica's POV

I looked at my phone and was in complete and utter shock. Nobody saw the caller ID on my phone but I'm sure at least one person at this table could guess who it was calling me. I looked up to her with my eyes wide and I am sure that she was able to figure it out because she immediately got up and dragged me out of the room while the phone was still in my hand ringing.

I couldn't process anything that Brina was saying to me, her mouth was moving but I couldn't hear her. She gave up trying to talk to me and looked at who was on my phone calling. It was HIM.

My phone stopped ringing for a moment and I was brought back into reality. Sabrina was asking me questions at the speed of light while I was still processing how I got to my room and everything that just happened. Finally I snapped out of it when there was a knock on the door and a voice I know all too well.

L: Hey V, is everything okay?

Before I could respond Sabrina answered for me

S: She's okay we just need a minute.

L: Okay, well Scar is leaving I'll just let her know that you're a bit busy

Me: Thanks and say sorry for me

L: I will.

And with that I heard her footsteps receding and turned back to Sabrina staring into her eyes speechless.

S: How did he get through to calling you? I thought you blocked his number

Me: I did! I don't know how he was able to get through in calling me honestly. I didn't unblock him that I know of. Only thing I could think of is when I got my new phone it somehow in the process of switching over my info got unblocked? I don't know!

S: Well block him now.

As I was about to do this my phone started ringing and it was him again. It wasn't like I could do anything else and I decided why not just answer it and put it on speakerphone to see what he wants. Dumb of me i'm sure but I'll block him right after.

Me: Hello?

J: Ronnie is that you?

S: *whispers* are you kidding me right now?

Me: What do you want?

I didn't notice or hear the door open but lizzie managed to come into the room quietly and I didn't even see her given my back was to the door. I only know somebody else entered because I saw Sabrina put her finger over her lips to shush whoever was behind me. I turned around and saw Lizzie and the look she gave me is just indescribable, I won't lie I felt better now she was in the room too. Almost as if safe.

J: I wanted to know when you'd be in town again?

Me: Why?

J: Well I am getting help and trying to become a better person but my therapist says I need to talk to anybody I did wrong face to face and admit my mistakes and own up to them. I know you probably won't want to see me and that everything I did to you was horrible but you gotta know deep down that that's not really me

Me: I am not going home for a long time if ever again, not while you live there at least. So I will be in town again soon but know it will be when you are no longer home for anything.

J: But I need to see you and make amends otherwise I can't make any progress in my recovery

Me: Well now you'll know how it feels to not be able to make progress in recovery because there is no progress to make. We've played this game once before and I fell into the trap. Then you nearly did the same thing to someone i really care about so I won't let it happen again. Don't ever call or speak to me again and if I hear so much as a whisper from anybody that you've been asking about me then I promise you I will find a way to make your life a living hell

J: C'mon Ronn-

Sabrina took my phone, ended the call, and blocked his number. I didn't do anything but stand there and let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding and the tears that filled my eyes was something I didn't even know was happening until my vision became blurry.

Suddenly I was pulled into a tight hug and I knew from their scent it was Lizzie. I full on brokedown in her arms and became deadweight falling down and her following me down to the floor. I heard the door close and looked up to see who came into the room but it turns out it was who left the room

L: Hey it's okay she's taking your phone to your friend to make sure that no matter what's done he can't call you again. I am so proud of you though for sticking up for yourself and for not letting that asshole get to you again.

Me: I-I-I d-d-don't know h-h-how. I-I j-just know I-I couldn't have done it without you here with me.

I don't know if it was cause I was in an emotional state or if it was cause I knew I wouldn't be able to do any of this without her but i put my hand on her cheek caressing it. Next I know I was leaning in and so was she and we quickly kissed each other. It was slow and caring, nothing more than a kiss that lasted a shorter time than I would've liked.

L: Um V, you're in an emotional state I don't want to take advantage of that. As much as I want this, us, I don't want to make that decision now.

Me: I know I'm emotional but it has only made me realise how much I really want you Lizzie. I thought I could move on with Scarlett and I will say honestly that I do have a crush on her, always have, but she doesn't know my whole story and I don't think I could ever tell her. Because of that our whole relationship would be based on a lie, at least to me it would feel like a lie because I wouldn't be able to tell her what happened to me. I know she'd understand annd that what happened to me doesn't define me but telling you as it was was so difficult. Plus you have stayed with me through all of it. Hell I think the only reason I was able to be as confident in that call was because you were here. Actually, I know it is because you walking into the room made me feel this sense of safety that I hadn't felt ever with anyone. Not even Sabrina. I'm not saying I want to start anything right away but I am willing to give this another go if you are. We just have to take it really slow and I need to talk to scarlett before anything else happens. I just ask one thing in return, are you willing to be open about us to at least your close friends?

L: I don't believe it you actually want to try us again? I also agree you should talk to scarlett before we start anything. As for opening to close friends, I will definitely try, I'm not going to say it'll be easy or that we can do massive amounts of PDA but we can hold hands and stuff for now if that is okay with you.

Me: That is, we can go at your pace in everything I do just want us to give this another go slowly. As for now will you just hold me?

L: Of course

Lizzie proceeded to hold me in her arms playing with my hair and periodically kissing my head. Soon enough all the crying and the comfort I felt in her arms lulled me to sleep. But not before the thought crossed my mind on what I am going to tell Scarlett.