Chapter 29

Lizzie's POV

It's been nearly two days since I've seen Veronica, she left to studio before I was even awake yesterday and I have yet to see her since. I know she said she was going out with Sabrina and Scar last night but I thought she would at least come home. Then again maybe she was too drunk and couldn't make it here alone s she crashed at one of their places. I guess I will hear from her soon.

Not even moments after thinking that I heard a key in the door and the lock turning. I guess she's home and I'll ask her about her time out. I mean she has got to have a lot to spill if she's been gone for this long.

Me: Hey V!

V: Hey Lizzie, I didn't know you were still up.

Me: Yeah I was finishing this movie and then was going to go to bed. Although, since you're here I want to hear about your last nearly 2 days.

V: I would love to Lizzie but would you mind if I told you tomorrow? I'm actually pretty wiped and want to sleep in my bed and just call it a night.

Me: No no I totally understand it has been a busy few days for you, if you need anything let me know. I have tomorrow off so we can spend the day together, if you want?

V: I would really love that Lizzie, I have tomorrow off too so we can spend the whole day doing whatever. Thank you for understanding I truly appreciate it!

Next thing I know she came up to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek before she went upstairs saying goodnight as she left. I know she does them with friends but when I've seen her give cheek kisses it has never been lip to cheek, it would just be an air kiss where cheeks are touching but there is no more touching than that. I don't even think she realized she did what she did but I'm not complaining. Maybe I will find out more tomorrow when we talk.

Veronica's POV

I got home and I felt exhaustion of the last two days hit me, I felt bad not talking to Lizzie about it but I was so tired and just needed me time. Honestly, it amazes me how sometimes it isn't until you're home that you feel the toll of the day. Laying in bed I think about the last two days and how much has happened. I also think about how I kissed Lizzie's cheek and not inn the friendly way I usually do but like I did when we were together. I am so confused right now. I like Scarlett but I also like Lizzie, I can be with one and have both of us be ourselves around those close to us while the other remains a secret until who knows when.

These thoughts kept swirling in my head making me more confused than ever, I don't know how I am to fall asleep with all these thoughts running around in my head. Then before I know it I woke up from the sun peaking through my blinds, but looking at the time it was only 7:30 in the morning. It was too early to be up but I couldn't fall back asleep so I decided to get up and go for run.

After running around the block for an hour I still felt like I had all these pent up emotions building and I needed a release. I needed a release in one of the best ways I knew how, I just hope Lizzie isn't up when I get back because I need a little bit more me time.

Sure enough I got back to the apartment and didn't hear a peep, so I assume Lizzie is still sleeping as she should be. I ran upstairs to take a quick shower and then I headed to my makeshift studio Lizzie made me.

I sat in the chair with my guitar and as much emotions that fill me I was suddenly blank. I had all these thoughts but nothing was coming out. It's the first time this ever happened to me ever. But then because of that I got lost in my swirling head of thoughts about just everything and mindlessly started playing the guitar and singing.

Help me, it's like the walls are caving in

Sometimes I feel like giving up

No medicine is strong enough

Someone help me

I'm crawling in my skin

Sometimes I feel like giving up

But I just can't

It isn't in my blood...

I'm looking through my phone again, feeling anxious

Afraid to be alone again, I hate this

I'm trying to find a way to chill, can't breathe, oh

Is there somebody who could help me?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I need somebody now

I need somebody now

Someone to help me out

I need somebody now

Suddenly I notice tears falling on the guitar and some arms are around my neck holding me. I am not sure when that happened but it did and next thing I am doing is balling my eyes out, fully letting go of everything I have been keeping inside for so long. I don't know why now especially now when I know somebody is here, I hate being a burden on anybody.

It's like everything happened in slow motion but I couldn't also process what was happening. My sight was blurry, my guitar was removed from my hands, the person's arms that were around my neck are gone but there's a figure in front of me kneeling and I feel hands on my knees. I hear words but nothing is processing in my head, it's like i'm stuck and i don't know what to do. 

---------------------

A/N: The song is Silence by Marshmello ft. Khalid. 

Also sorry it took so long to post I had this part written out and the next chapter too I just hadn't had time to post it. Also I will try this weekend to write more of the story and try to post at least 5 chapters by Sunday. I will say that the next two weeks I am going to be MIA because Finals are coming up for me and other stuff so I won't be able to write as much. I will try to post this weekend (as it is my only free time for a bit) as much as possible. After this Sunday though I probably won't be posting again until beginning of May. I will write where I can if I'm free here and there in the next few weeks but I won't have the time to post anything until then. I'm sorry and I hope you all understand, my studies come first. I appreciate all the support this story is getting and I promise I will do my best to post a few chapters this weekend. Thank you again! <3