Chapter 5

Veronica's POV

I woke up this morning confused on the events that happened and I feel a heavy weight on me as I try to get up. I look down and notice that Lizzie is laying on me with our legs intertwined and her head nuzzled into my neck. I couldn't help but smile at the site, I mean it has been so long since I have been held in someone's arms and I forgot how much I missed it. I decide to lay there and stare at the ceiling not wanting to wake the gorgeous girl that lays on me. Of course laying and staring at the ceiling doesn't stop my brain from starting to worry me.

Thankfully I have my phone to distract me so I can prevent it from happening while I wait for Lizzie to wake. Within the next few minutes I feel her stirring awake, she is so cute when she sleeps and is waking up. She plants a quick peck on my neck and I on her head before we both look at each other.

Me: Good morning beautiful

Lizzie: Good morning princess

God even her groggy morning voice is adorable. This isn't good, we just met a couple days ago and I think I'm getting a crush on her. Then all my doubt rushes over me within a second. What if she thinks yesterday was a mistake? What is going to happen now? What if it was all just an in the moment thing? Should I bring it up? Should I wait for her to mention it? Should I see how this day plays out? I'm quickly snapped out of my thoughts with a quick peck on the lips and Lizzie's angelic voice.

Lizzie: What's going on in that head of yours?

Me: Oh nothing, what do you want for breakfast?

Lizzie sat up and so did I, she caressed my cheek with one hand and grabbed my other hand before she spoke up again.

Lizzie: You know you can talk to me right? Something's bothering you I can tell

Me: How?

Lizzie: I see it in your eyes, you were looking in mine but you seemed not completely present.

Me: *sighs* Well umm...you see...I was wondering what did last night mean? Like I know we kissed and I loved every second of it and I mean we cuddled and stuff but what does it all mean? I don't want to be like a well what are we thing yet because we did just meet a few days ago but I wanted to know if..umm...was it a spur of the moment thing or what?

I used my free hand to rub the back of my neck, it's a thing I do when I'm nervous, well one of the things. Anyway when I finished speaking I finally look back at Lizzie's eyes.

Lizzie: I loved kissing you last night, it definitely wasn't a spur of the moment thing. These last few days I really have gotten to know you and I like spending time with you. I don't really know what it means for us, I guess time will tell but I have to be honest with you.

Me: Lizzie you can tell me anything, I promise anything you say will remain between us. You'll learn very quickly that I'm a person who keeps my promises unless there's circumstances that are out of my control like an emergency.

Lizzie: It's just I haven't really come out to anyone, not even to my friends, well except Scarlett because she's my best friend. I don't know how they're all going to react. I love spending time with you and I really want to do this more but can we keep this between us for a while? I just don't want to stir up stuff that isn't anybody's business. I am a very private person.

Me: Of course we can keep this between us, trust me I've been where you are before, it took me a while to come out to even my friends up here. I promise we'll take things at your pace okay? We'll do whatever you feel comfortable with, I really like you Lizzie and want to spend more time with you.

Lizzie smile on her face grows and she wraps her arms around my neck pulling me into a deep kiss. It was a kiss filled with so much emotion and care that made my heart melt. I knew right then and there that this girl was going to be the death of me and honestly I was okay with it. For the first time in a long time I was happy, genuinely happy.