Chapter 13

Veronica's POV

I woke up the next morning groaning in realization that my ex is sleeping on our couch and I didn't want to leave my room to face her. I opened my door a little, hoping that it wouldn't make a noise in our silent apartment. Thankfully it didn't and when I looked out I saw my ex was still sleeping on our couch and I stood there looking at her in aww for a moment. I mean she looked so peaceful when she slept, but then I heard another door open that quickly had me snap out of my dazed state.

I walk into the kitchen more and make it look like I too just got up. I then say morning to Kenzie and hear a groaning noise behind me. I guess Lizzie has officially woken up. I stand at our fridge looking inside to figure out what I want for breakfast when Kenzie pulls me out of my thoughts.

Kenzie: Heyy V, how are you doing?

Me: Good...what about you?

Kenzie: Good good, I just wanted to let you know I'm here for you

Me: What?

Kenzie: Well Lizzie told me about how you were going through a breakup and that's why she was hugging you last night.

Me: Wait what?

Kenzie: yeah I am sorry, it must've done a number on you

Me; *I glared at Lizzie over my roommate's shoulder as I said this* Yeah she really did do a number on me. Now if you don't mind I'm going to go back to my room I kinda lost my appetite.

Kenzie: Oh ok, I'm sorry again about that. I'm here if you need anything. I'm off to shower and get ready for my morning work shift.

Me: Thanks Kenzie I really appreciate it.

I went into my room and closed the door silently cursing Lizzie for saying anything to my roommate. I was just mad that she basically outed me to my roommate, I mean I have no problem with my roommate knowing but I don't talk about my personal life much with my roommate. We aren't that close so that's what bothers me. I head to my bathroom to wash my face and I hear the apartment door closing, hopefully Lizzie went out with Kenzie but knowing my luck she probably didn't.

I'm about to walk out my bathroom when I see in the mirror that Lizzie is behind me.

Me: What do you want?

I turn around to face her now with my back leaning against my sink counter.

Lizzie: I wanted to apologize, I needed to come up with a reason I was so close to you last night and that's what I came up with. I mean it wasn't a lie entirely.

Me: You outed me to my roommate. I mean I don't care that much about that but I'm annoyed and a little mad cause I don't talk about my personal love life with my roommate. I do it with my friends but not my roommate.

Lizzie: I know I'm sorry but I didn't out you to your roommate you did that yourself

Me: Yeah but you put me in that position where I had to either lie or tell the truth and you know I hate lying so what did you expect me to do?

Lizzie: I'm sorry I really am, I wanted you to find out from me not the way you did.

Me: Lizzie I can't do this right now, please leave before I say something I regret.

Lizzie: But...

Me: Lizzie, I care about you and I hope that we can get back together at some point but if there is any chance of that happening for us in the relatively near future I need you to leave my room right now before I say something I may regret and that there is no coming back from. Please

Lizzie: Okay but I hope we can still be friends

I nodded and she left my room. I stood in my bathroom now facing my mirror in disbelief of what had just happened. I mean I love her still I do but I can't be secretive in a relationship with her. Maybe we rushed into things, being friends now will be good and hopefully at down the road we will be in a relationship again but for now friends will be a good thing. It has to be.

--------------

A/N: How are you guys liking the story? Is it good? Is there anything specific you may want to read about in near future? I have the next few chapters planned out but I can take your suggestions and move things around if need be. I also want to apologize for not being consistent with posting, everything has been hectic these last couple weeks. Hopefully I can have a posting schedule/rhythm soon. Most likely I'll post moreso on the weekends since classes will be starting up again in a few weeks but I haven't made any final decisions. What do you guys think?