Chapter 30

Lizzie's POV

I woke up and hear a faint noise outside my door, I got worried for a second. I stand up and open the door to be met with the sound of a guitar and a faint voice, I head to the music room I set up for Veronica. She must've left the door open because had it been closed I wouldn't have been able to hear her.

I walk towards the room and I was right the door was open, I stood there leaning on the doorframe listening to the song she was singing. It clicked to me how much pent up emotion she had built up, I had tears in my eyes, I felt bad for her. I didn't want to interrupt her though, but when she got to lines where she was practically screaming about needing somebody I couldn't stop myself.

Next thing I know is she stopped playing, I have my arms wrapped around her neck, holding her and it's like she needed it to just breakdown. I got tired of hugging her from my position, and I didn't want her to damage her guitar, so I grabbed the guitar out of her grip to put on the stand and went around her to kneel in front of her. I put my hands on her knees to bring her some comfort but when I looked into her eyes it was like she was lost.

I have had my fair share of anxiety and panic attacks, which are very different, but this looked like neither. I don't see any emotion or anything irregular, it's like she's a statue. I see the tears falling out her eyes and her breathing but no matter what I say she isn't responding to me, I never have seen her like this.

I decided to take my chances and lift one of my hands to her cheek to see if it gets some response, and it did she leaned into it. I atleast have hope that she's coming back to reality. I decided to speak up in barely a whisper to her.

Me: Hey Veronica, I need you to listen to my voice ok? Can you focus on my voice? Come back to me please

My voice may have croaked a little at the end. As much as I tried to hide it I was scared seeing her like this, I never dealt with her like this. Then when I didn't get anymore of a response, it hit me. I should call Sabrina, she's known Veronica longer than I have, maybe she knows what to do. Thankfully Veronica's phone was unlocked and I went to Sabrina's number and dialed it, all while staying in the position I was in.

Me: Cmon Sabrina, please pick up, please pick up

Thankfully after a few rings she did.

S: Hey bestie, what's up? Miss me already?

Me: Umm, hey Sabrina?

S: Yes this is she, who are you?

Me: Um I'm Lizzie, Veronica's roommate and friend.

S: Oh why are you calling me? Is everything okay?

She sounded panicked now, which frankly I don't blame her. I would be too if roles were reversed and some stranger called me off of my best friend's phone.

Me: Everything is okay but I don't know about Veronica. She was playing a song she seemed to have been writing and working out and suddenly she was frozen almost. I'm kneeled in front of her and she has been crying, she isn't reacting to anything I'm saying, It's like she's a statue. The most I got out of her is when I put my hand on her cheek she slightly leaned into it. I figured you knew her the longest you know what to do? I don't know what to do, I hate seeing her like this.

S: Okay Okay calm down, I think I know what state she is in. I need you to tell me what were the last few lines in the song she was singing.

Me: she was practically screaming about needing someone and needing help/

S: Crap! Stay where you are Lizzie, I need you to listen to the next few things I am going to tell you to do. I can come by as soon as I am finished here but that probably won't be for another hour or two. So Lizzie, are you ready?

Me: Yes please tell me what to do.

S: Okay well what I need you to do first is try to give her a hug, and tell me how she reacts

Unsure where this is going I go to give V a hug but it's like she was in a trance cause next she does is yell. As soon as my hand left her cheek to get a hold on her she started screaming to stop and that's what I did.

Me: Did you hear that?

S: Yeah I did. Okay, I know what she's thinking about right now and it isn't really good. I know she isn't panicking but still it's not a good mindset for her. But what I need you to do now though is-

Me: Is it about Joe?

S: She told you about him?

Me: Yeah she told me about him.

Thinking about it got me angry and everything he ever did to her made me angry, but I needed to remain level headed at the moment and help her out.

S: Wow I'm shocked, she never tells anyone about him because-

Me: As much as I want to hear the end of that sentence, I want to help Veronica first, what should I do?

S: Right, umm I need you to grab one of your hoodies, any big one I don't care. Then I need you to somehow get it onto Veronica and have her wear it. The scent of someone else and the feeling of the new article of clothing on her will feel like a hug almost from someone and slowly start getting her out of where her mind is. Then after you do that I need you to start talking to her about happy memories, anything that will help bring her out of this. I would say keep touching her to a minimum for now, until you see her coming back to herself. I need you to do this and hopefully she'll come out of it before I get there. You think you can do that for me Lizzie?

Me: I can definitely do all that.

S: Perfect! Now I really hate to leave you to it but I really have to go otherwise it'll be longer until I get there.

Me: Okay no worries, I will keep you updated as best I can.

S: Thank you!

With that she hung up the phone and I proceeded to do everything Sabrina told me. Sure enough after an hour or so I saw some life come back into Veronica. It wasn't much but she at least spoke for the first time in the hour.

V: L-L-Lizzie?

Me: Yes V! I'm right here, what do you need?

V: h-hold m-me p-please?

She seemed so broken and I had my heart break into a thousand pieces when she asked me that. I immediately got her and pulled her into a hug and she fell onto the floor with me. She just held onto me so tight like if she let go I would leave her. Within the next ten minutes or so I hear a knock on the door, that must be Sabrina. I whispered into Veronica's ear

Me; Hey Sabrina's at the door can I go get her or do you want to come with me?

She just gripped onto me tighter which was answer enough for me, thank god for the superhero training I do to stay in shape so I could carry her. Not that she is heavy or anything but carrying another grown ass human who is koala holding you is hard work. Especially when you are trying to stand up from the floor with nothing but a chair for support to help lift you up.

As I got to the door I opened it only to see someone I was not expecting....

--------------

A/N: Sorry for the cliff hanger but who do you think it is? 

Anybody you want it to be? what do you want to see happen? Let me know in the comments please! 

Again thank you all for bearing with me with slow updates. Hopefully when this week is over I can post more.